What's new

MmSadda

Professional
Reaction score
I've got a buddy looking at an American Atomiswave Upright Cab as his first cab potentially. He's hoping to do JAMMA stuff. I'm familiar with the AW mobo but not the cabs. Are they setup to do video over JAMMA (as opposed to VGA only?)

I. E. Is an AW upright a solid cab for JAMMA stuff in general?

Great machines, easy to work with. Got 4 of them however not the "joystick panels" all gun or driving panels.
Good monitors (WG- easier repairs too!), happ power supplies, nice wiring,
Easy to strip down and move / clean....
something different that's getting harder to find... and swapable gun / driving / standard panels - can't moan :D

Down sides:
1. Sound on these cabinets is stereo on a strange cable, needs a jamma passthrough
2. Board area is very small, lethal enforcers 2 is about maximum size that will fit, any bigger will be a push.
3. No rotate (not a problem on gun/ driving)

Attachments

• IMAG0536[1].jpg
    IMAG0536[1].jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 56
Great machines, easy to work with. Got 4 of them however not the "joystick panels" all gun or driving panels.
Good monitors (WG- easier repairs too!), happ power supplies, nice wiring,
Easy to strip down and move / clean....
something different that's getting harder to find... and swapable gun / driving / standard panels - can't moan :D

Down sides:
1. Sound on these cabinets is stereo on a strange cable, needs a jamma passthrough
2. Board area is very small, lethal enforcers 2 is about maximum size that will fit, any bigger will be a push.
3. No rotate (not a problem on gun/ driving)
Thanks! The one my friend is looking at has a joystick CP (3 buttons per player.)

With the unique stereo wiring setup - is it possible to install other (mono) JAMMA boards and get good sound out of them?

Sure, the sound is on a custom cable that goes into the AW.
What i did is made a jamma passthrough that goes between the PCB and the jamma connector to tap the sound.

RE, monitors - All 4 of mine have standard res WG k7401 , so no VGA!

Sure, the sound is on a custom cable that goes into the AW.
What i did is made a jamma passthrough that goes between the PCB and the jamma connector to tap the sound.

RE, monitors - All 4 of mine have standard res WG k7401 , so no VGA!
Oh, gotcha! Thanks!

So to clarify, they don't have any sound on the JAMMA edge by default? Happen to have a writeup / diagram / pic of what you did?

Back