What's new

dog789

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking to consolize my ELF 621-1 so I can play games on my TV or PC monitor with a Playstation 2 controller. I've been doing a bit of research and have watched some really good videos. However, I can't figure out which power supply will work with the ELF. I know it needs a 4 pin MOLEX adapter so will this work? I

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...076&PID=3821802&SID=iu1mrpxfip003n5q00053#top

Secondly, I need a good track ball and also Playstation USB adapter that will work with the ELF. Any advice? Thanks very much for your help in advance.

Dog

That molex power connector is the same as used on PC power supplies, so anything that could be used to power a PC internal device, like a hard drive etc. should work. Just do not try to use this AND the jamma power connector at the same time or You will fry the board. Also, the ELF is not a hungry device, but if you get stability issues, best just go for a proper PC PSU instead of one of those adaptor things.

Any playstation controller that is USB will work right away on the game elf's USB port, you will need a powered hub to use 2 though. I don't do Playstation, so cannot help on where to get a USB adaptor, but i imagine what would be best is ANY playstation controller that is USB - i mean, USB is USB, right? You could just use one of the MANY usb arcade sticks on Aliexpress or DX.com - again, generic USB is generic USB..

Trackball inputs are on the small white male connector (J6) and you can run 2 trackballs from it if you feel the need, all you need is to make up a lead - there are people on ebay advertising the bare leads with connector on one end and bare wires on the other. You can also find plenty of trackballs for cheap also on ebay - backlit and usually with a PS2 style connector, so a little bit of thinking and some lead-making and You should be good to go. The trackballs are a bit 'gritty', so don't expect quality for that price, but do expect to stay up all night playing MILLIPEDE when you get it going.

Back