What's new

keiichi331

Professional
Reaction score
Anyone ever see this? my exa has been in my L for its life, never moved, always booted up with only 1 cart in it, Aka & Blue .

Went to turn on my L today and I see this. won't boot. I reseated the cart and nothing, still seeing this? anyone know what's up?

IMG_0059.jpg

it says there is an error loading the cart, never seen this before, any help is appreciated

it says there is an error loading the cart, never seen this before, any help is appreciated
Did you buy this directly from exA/an official distributor? if so... contact them.

Unlike buying decades old hardware 2nd hand. exA is "still supported" and part of what you're paying for when buying new and direct. is support for when it malfunctions.

Did you buy this directly from exA/an official distributor? if so... contact them.

Unlike buying decades old hardware 2nd hand. exA is "still supported" and part of what you're paying for when buying new and direct. is support for when it malfunctions.
Yeah I bought it directly from them through their website a couple of years ago. I just sent them a message through the website, hopefully ill get some traction

normally I'm a fan of fixing yourself but I'd rather not recommend that until trying through exA directly has been exhausted.

keep us posted as to the result, it'd be good to know what fixes this, or how the exA repair process goes for others who might run into this.

I had a similar issue with my Exa and had to send it back. I had them update my Exa and all my games in the process. Hopefully they have improved their state-side support since I had to send mine in because I was not impressed by their support at all.

exA will even support second-hand hardware for free unless the security stickers have been tampered with.

Send a mail to support, they will give you instructions on how to send the system back for repair. You will have to pay shipping back and forth.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue with my Exa and had to send it back. I had them update my Exa and all my games in the process. Hopefully they have improved their state-side support since I had to send mine in because I was not impressed by their support at all.
I had that with my launch unit.
either of you able to learn the root cause of the issue?

I asked and they wouldn't tell me. All they would say was they needed to order a part which ended up taking almost 4 months to get. When I pushed backed after a few months of being without my system they got shitty with me and told me if I am in such a rush they would just send it back unfixed. Like I said, not impressed.

I found the picture I submitted to support, looks like I had a similar error.

received_2304348559747469.jpeg

I asked and they wouldn't tell me. All they would say was they needed to order a part which ended up taking almost 4 months to get. When I pushed backed after a few months of being without my system they got shitty with me and told me if I am in such a rush they would just send it back unfixed. Like I said, not impressed.

This is the same exact error I have. And I would be pissed if it took 4 months to get my system back as its an active game in my arcade business =(

How did you contact them? I just went to the exa website -> contact -> filled out form as support. Is there a better way?

I have zero clue but why do I feel like that's a security measure that failed. Wouldn't it be stupid if the cmos battery died and reset the bios....

I have zero clue but why do I feel like that's a security measure that failed. Wouldn't it be stupid if the cmos battery died and reset the bios....
Well the error message shows python scripts related to what I would guess are windows drivers. while it does say "Unlock", "set_state" is generally used in regards to threading so it could simply be referring to unlocking a safe thread rather than something security related.

if it is indeed related to a driver, it could imply a failed device that requires a replacement. without knowing whats in the exA box it's hard to speculate what could have failed and needed replacement.

I'm assuming those who have suffered this error received it on all of your games and not just specific games?

Not impressed? Shocking I'd say.
I'm under the impression that's a flaw they are well aware of, still they ask people to pay shipping both ways.
Sucks when you have to rely on a single entity with unprofessional attitude.

Well the error message shows python scripts related to what I would guess are windows drivers. while it does say "Unlock", "set_state" is generally used in regards to threading so it could simply be referring to unlocking a safe thread rather than something security related.

if it is indeed related to a driver, it could imply a failed device that requires a replacement. without knowing whats in the exA box it's hard to speculate what could have failed and needed replacement.

I'm assuming those who have suffered this error received it on all of your games and not just specific games?
Oh yeah I'm sure I'm way off. All I know is it's running a pc in there. I'm dealing with some raw thrills pc related bs and it's stuck in my mind.

How did you contact them? I just went to the exa website -> contact -> filled out form as support. Is there a better way?
I just emailed their support directly at support@exa.ac

Yeah, I had four games in mine when it happened and none of them work.

Fucking incredible. I'll bet if you wanted to buy a *new* PC and games they would've had that out to you in a hurry.

Well here's hoping their shit gets dumped because it sounds like they don't deserve to be in business if that's how they treat their customers.

Back