What's new
Want To Buy
I don't like that mounted DB15 port, but I understand why he is using it (PS4 USB intact).
When I modded my TvC sticks for DB15 I just used a cord set fully removing original Wii functionality.

Middle two in this shot...
HvWf6ud.jpg

pretty cool...i wouldnt mind keeping the dual function...but am okay if someone just makes it a full time db15 stick as well

If you're ok with it just being DB15, that's the best first project for someone. You could learn to do it and it would be fun and rewarding.
I agree with Skate. Its a great first project. There really isn't anything too sensitive to mess up since you are bypassing the PCB all together. I've modded quite a few stick in my time and I would be happy to walk you through it. If you want to avoid soldering all together you can buy a neo geo replacement cord here. Next you can follow this method solder-less method https://youtu.be/O4uAgx-EAOQ. You will need some zip ties for internal cable management and may need to drill a small hole in the case but thats about it. You will also retain the original function of the stick too.

wow...thanks guys!...this is awesome, i dont mind them being db15 only, but prefer to keep the dual function if possible...im gonna purchase two neo cords and get this done!

Outside of time...i hope you dont mind walking me through the process once my cords come in...

great...i just emailed the seller...if the neo cord isnt long enough ill hit up frys and try to get a 10ft cable

For keeping things dual function you can also replace the USB cable with an internal header like this:

KWOU004-1.jpg

Soldering may be required depending on the internal connector used on the fight stick in question.

Back