What's new

notsonic

Champion
Reaction score
I have a spinner from a Block Block kit. It's got the silver knob and is shorter than an Arkanoid/Taito one, so I assume it's the Seimitsu LS-29. I haven't tested it extensively with Block Block as I've mostly been messing with the Brizzo adapter to see what other games might work well.

What it's doing is that left always works, but right only mostly works. Sometimes spinning right, especially very fast, will give left inputs too. The optical board mounting arm was bent in shipping. I've tried realigning it, and it's much better, but still inconsistent.

Could it just be down to faulty optics? I might pick up the Happ optical board as it seems to be readily available.

alignment shouldn't matter to much so long as the windows are clean and not chewed up. otherwise it's likely an optical board issue.

different spinners have different resistor setups depending on whether the game board has pull-ups or pull-downs so it's possible that your board is fine too just with an incorrect resistor setup.

Back