What's new

winteriscoming

Champion
Reaction score
I have a Type 3 Triforce that doesn't show have any audio or video when powered on. It's a GD-ROM type, with a network board.

I received it in this condition, so have no history to give of when it was last working, etc.

I've taken most of it apart and inspected and reseated connectors, but never seem to get it to boot.

The monitor shows a blank, black image as it appears to be receiving a signal. This is distinguishable from how the monitor looks when video is unplugged and it turns off with no illumination.

Any advice for what I can do to troubleshoot this? The various boards have LEDS lit and/or blinking when powered on, though no clue what most of them mean.

Maybe it's a power issue. I had all these issues with my Triforce 3 systems, but after I replaced all the smd capacitors to the base board, they work flawlessly...instant power on, crystal clear audio/video signal out and no random reset / reboot...
I will post a cap list and some kind of repair log in a few days...

Boom!
Replacing the 19 caps on the baseboard did it.
Booted Triforce.jpg

@winteriscoming - do you happen to have any pictures of your mainboard, and by any chance a list of the caps you got? :)

There is one spot on the board where it seems like an inductor (L3) used to be, but isn't anymore - wanted to compare to a picture of your (or any other board).

Attachments

• IMG_0872.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    839.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    758.4 KB · Views: 43
Back