What's new
For Sale
I have two NCI releases, Garou ( Grant Edition ) and Metal Slug ( Perfect Edition ) and I've had zero issues out of them.

In fact, what sold me on Garou was that the Grant Edition was using the proper final version of the ROM and NOT the prototype ROM that is on the 161-in-1 or that every other repro/bootleg is using ( you know the one that will crash when you perform certain TOP attacks ).

Both carts pass UniBIOS CRC checks aswell, so you know its using the original unmodified program ROM.

I have two NCI releases, Garou ( Grant Edition ) and Metal Slug ( Perfect Edition ) and I've had zero issues out of them.

In fact, what sold me on Garou was that the Grant Edition was using the proper final version of the ROM and NOT the prototype ROM that is on the 161-in-1 or that every other repro/bootleg is using ( you know the one that will crash when you perform certain TOP attacks ).

Both carts pass UniBIOS CRC checks aswell, so you know its using the original unmodified program ROM.

So what you are saying is that we need another reprint/run of the previous games releases for our forum😁..

Just my two cent from personal experience:

The physical quality of the previous NCI repros I have testes is top notch. However, the main issue I have found with them is that they all had glitches.

The look good on a shelf but most have either graphical issue or sound issues that made the experience annoying to play...
@arcadefanatic56 I just checked with the team. 99,99% it's due to a psu issue, especially if you have the same problem on several games. I can help you solving this issue you have. Just tell me the concerned games, the revision of your AES and the PSU you're using please. It doesn’t have to be much. None of the games sold have glitches.

So what you are saying is that we need another reprint/run of the previous games releases for our forum😁..
@SNK-NEO-GEO Ahaha ! Maybe it can happen ! But not immediately I think unfortunately 😅 I also send you a DM, if you can take a look on it please. I need some info for shipping. 😉

@SNK-NEO-GEO @Niko For your information, future releases should only be available from the Facebook group or here only. There will be no more pre-orders from the NeoGeo-System forum. 💪

Indeed, this is the original rom of the game. Atomik tried to implement the hack that allows to play with hidden characters but it caused bugs at the sound level randomly. He failed to correct this point. That’s why he went to the original Rom
I have the patched ROMs bug free if you're interested.
Oh well? 😱 On which games did you observe this? Usually it is due to a problem with the power supply.

Did you contact the forum where you bought it? After sales service is guaranteed. If the cartridge has a defect, they send you a new one. It's not to late to do it.
Are there pics of the boards used by NCI? Are they flash based? 3.3V? With proper level translation?

Last edited:
Unfortunately the Metal slug are already out 😅 try to watch on the internet "Metal Slug Perfect NCI"
Yes, but you can do a reprint right? This isn't a limited one time only product is it?

Are there pics of the boards used by NCI? Are they flash based? 3.3V? With proper level translation?
I recommend using this patched bug free ROM if you can, although I'm not buying this so maybe what I think doesn't matter here!

I am wondering about the second question as well, for future games!

I recommend using this patched bug free ROM if you can, although I'm not buying this so maybe what I think doesn't matter here!

Personally, I'd prefer to have the original unmodified ROM myself. That way I know I'm playing the game as was intended by the developers and the same as an original cart.

Whats wrong with just using UniBIOS to unlock the characters?

@Blio Seri Thank you for the proposal. Your questions are very technical 😅
It’s a board completely redesigned by NCI. It uses flash.

Yes, but you can do a reprint right? This isn't a limited one time only product is it?
@XtraSmiley
It's not planned to do so. At maximum a release can have 400 copies. That's why pre-oreders are made.

@Blio Seri @XtraSmiley
For this release it will be the original rom because, even with the patched rom, random sound glitches appears depending on the aes revision.

I hope I was able to answer your questions 😊

Paypal F&F only - why is that?

Paypal F&F only - why is that?
Because all the sales made for NCI are made that way. It's not upon me 🤷‍♂️ But you can be sure to receive the game. You can check the opinions on the FB group.

Your questions are very technical 😅
It’s a board completely redesigned by NCI. It uses flash.
It's a well known problem found very often when shortcuts are made in the design: those old systems use +5V to run their logic chips but a lot of bootleggers actually use +3.3V flashes directly connected to +5V busses, which can damange the cart and the console. The proper way of doing it is to add chips called level-shifters/level-translators, making the conversion between +5V and +3.3V both ways.
The xxx-in-1 carts from china all suffer from this, even some early Everdrives were concerned.
That would be great to have confirmation from NCI and would reassure customers on the quality of the product.
Thanks.

It's a well known problem found very often when shortcuts are made in the design: those old systems use +5V to run their logic chips but a lot of bootleggers actually use +3.3V flashes directly connected to +5V busses, which can damange the cart and the console. The proper way of doing it is to add chips called level-shifters/level-translators, making the conversion between +5V and +3.3V both ways.
The xxx-in-1 carts from china all suffer from this, even some early Everdrives were concerned.
That would be great to have confirmation from NCI and would reassure customers on the quality of the product.
Thanks.

I agree with you 100%

I too want to see all newly designed components using +5v components or proper level shifting of the logic.

With that said I do not know how NCI designs their carts or defending anyone's choices on this matter, but I've yet to see any "damage" caused by the act. Seriously, how many people have you seen say "Hey, my Famicom / Mega Drive died from using an original Everdrive"? OR "a XXX-in-1 multi cart killed my Neo!"?

From my limited understanding on the topic, I feel its more of a risk for the cart itself than the actual console.

It would be cool to see the forum professionals add their point of view. @brizzo @Darksoft how do you guys feel about +3.3v logic devices being used in +5v systems?

It would be cool to see the forum professionals add their point of view. @brizzo @Darksoft how do you guys feel about +3.3v logic devices being used in +5v systems?
I have to agree with this. We put A LOT of level shifters in the multis just for that reason. They make the design more complex and the final product more expensive, but you guarantee the proper working of the system and secure levels both for the cart and the console. Connecting 3.3V devices to a 5V system is very daring and can go wrong in so many ways that we'd need a separate thread just for that.

Hey guys, I’m from NCI team and just to clarify the glitches you can have with NCI games.
I realised that it concerns only the 3.3/3.4 revisions and as Urukai said it’s a power issue.
The solution is then to change the power supply , if you have a look at the videos on YT you’ll get all the necessary informations .
Rgds.

« Paypal F&F only - why is that?«

Because it’s been more than 10 years we do like this in France , people trust us and they’re never disappointed .
for information NCI games are sold in Paris shops since a while , and I personally manage a lot of pre orders on neo geo addicts fb group.
In case you want to pay as PP transaction this is possible as long as you add the fees .

Back