What's new

lupinko

Student
Reaction score
Any recommendations on what I can get or do to have stereo or at least louder sound? I see the Capcom IO has a passthru for stereo. I know an arcade stereo amplifier would be best but I’m wondering if there are any alternatives.

On a stereo available cab (eg. Blast City), you just plug a RCA cable out of the Naomi into the cab.

On a mono only cab (eg. Astro City) using the Capcom or SEGA IO Board, you just plug the cable into the IO and adjust the levels directly on the IO and also your cab.

Alternatively, you can run the audio directly out of the Naomi into a set of stereo speakers (eg. Logitech)

I find the sound on the Atomiswave games to be super loud compared to native Naomi games, however they all need different levels of adjustment (eg. Marvel vs. Capcom is moderate in level, however Border Down is loud).

Capcom v. SNK 2 is crazy loud. But yes, I'd agree, you will have to adjust individual games.

Oh so I can just use a set of stereo speakers? I didn’t think it was that simple. I’m actually using a supergun.

Yup, that's what I do. Naomi connected with Capcom IO -> HAS.

Audio goes straight from Naomi to a pair of Logitech speakers. Works great in my experience

Back