What's new

Shinsengumi

Student
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Ghost Squad UR cab as part of a bulk deal locally and wanted share my journey fixing various issues! :)
1649722837042.png

Initial issues
-Front sites on both guns have been broken off
-Butt pads on both guns are in various states of disrepair
-All triggers are super sticky
-Left gun force feedback not working
-GD-ROM boot time is SLOW AF
-Perhaps part of the form factor, but no apparent option for a card reader

I think there was more interest in updating the Chihiro and running the game with the standard Ghost Squad security chip, so will start there :)

Disclaimer, this is all done on hardware/software I own. Your mileage may vary here and this is just my personal experience with this... I am not responsible if you brick/damage your Chihiro.

@nem you can use GD-ROM Explorer to encrypt the .bin files for this. I believe there are other ways as well...
1651008278568.jpeg

Add the CHIHIRO Firmware .bin you want to use and then encrypt using the appropriate key for your chip, in this case the Ghost Squad key...
1651008565480.jpeg

It's probably been mentioned before, but a great resource for these keys and the loader filename is
http://members.iinet.net.au/~lantra9jp1_nbn/gurudumps/naomi/index.html

Once you have the encrypted file, use the netboot tool of your choice to update your firmware.

Not going to get into netbooting, I think that has been covered in great detail already here. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: nem
Now for booting the game from IDE based CF...

Make sure you change the appropriate jumper from network back to GD-ROM.
Follow the exact same steps above to encrypt the game .bin with appropriate key.

Use your CF writing tool of choice to write to you card.

Rename the boot/loader file to the appropriate name listed at for your game (the default security chip will be looking for this);
http://members.iinet.net.au/~lantra9jp1_nbn/gurudumps/naomi/index.html

In this case it was to BHU
1651010709667.png

Add your CF card to the IDE->CF Adapter and change any jumpers to 3.3v

Plug your IDE to CF board into your IDE slot on the Chihiro MB and wire the power. Yes, I love jumper wires!
1651010426734.png

Power your cab on and enjoy your new faster boot time! :)

Anyway, this has been my experience with booting from CF for Chihiro Arcades (OR2/GS) that I own.

Again... Your mileage may vary and I am not responsible if you brick your shit, but I do hope this info helps others!

Last edited:
Back