What's new

Mr T Guru

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully I don't need to introduce myself.
But just in case my web site is http://gurudumps.blogspot.com.au
I seem to be missing out on the action so I thought I would chime in ;)

GuruArcade2.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome man! Damn fine setup you have there :thumbup:

I like the "battle damage" on your astro in the front, and I just realized you have a trackball panel for it :)

what's in your cocktail cab there?

Already said it in the other thread but good to have you here!

Oh damn! Another big gun :) Thanks for all the dumps, and welcome :)

Welcome man! Damn fine setup you have there :thumbup:

I like the "battle damage" on your astro in the front, and I just realized you have a trackball panel for it :)

what's in your cocktail cab there?
there's very little damage on the Astro. just a bit of minor scratching on the side near the edge of the panel. I keep meaning to touch that up with a bit of gloss white paint.
the panel is an original Sega Dynamic Golf. inside there's a NAOMI 1 running the game. The monitor was an original Sega-supplied dual res NANAO MS-8 (I think) but the chassis has been changed to allow tri-res so it can handle VGA at 31k. Same tube, different chassis. I have a buddy who has been repairing monitors for 25+ years so he helped to organize it.

the cocktail is wired to JAMMA. it has a 60-in-1 vertical board in there so that's basically covering all the vertical 80's cocktail games.

the cab at the back left has Strikers 1945 II in it. next to that there's Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

The other Astro on the right is a bit sick right now. You can see the colors look strange. It's missing blue. my monitor buddy will fix it when I get my ass into gear and drop it off to his workshop. the game in there is Time Crisis.

the other cab next to the Golf Astro is a Taito Egret II with a Wells D9200 monitor. I use that mostly for testing stuff. The gun is from a Konami Crypt Killer. It's a sawn-off shotgun. It's hooked up inside to Warzaid but it can easily be used for any light gun game. Inside there's also a Lethal Enforcers and Lethal Enforcers II which I converted from some obscure Japanese game which runs on the same PCB (so yeah there's 3 PCBs inside)
The big 'Dirty Harry' gun also works with Time Crisis II, Time Crisis 3 and Crisis Zone (using different I/O boards), among others.... I have most of the popular gun games :D

Last edited:
Great to see you here :thumbup: which reminds me I once promised to get you the SC21 DVD0 Soul Calibur II DVD. You still looking for it?

there's so much to do in that room, I love it. Hope you didn't think bad of my "battle damage" comment. I have 3 Sega candies, all with varying degrees of outer damage and I have always liked them that way. I do a good cleaning, but never I never wanted to paint or repair. It reminds me that they are not young, that they came from the other side of the world, and that they were never supposed to be in our homes :D

I respect the folks who take the time to restore and make em look really nice, but that path is not for me.

apologies for the thread derail man, I didn't want you to think I was some anal bastard who likes to point out the flaws in other ppl's property lol.

forgot to mention, the pinball is a Bally Midway Eight Ball Champ from 1985. It runs the obscure 6803 hardware and has a Texas Instruments speech chip. Boards might be a little weird but are very easy to fix.
I bought it not working and fixed it in 6 hours, then spent the next 3 years detailing it back to factory, including replacing some damaged parts and buying a full set of spare boards that were non-working and repairing those too.
Now it looks and plays like new :D

I've got three pinball now. Didn't buy any of them working. Space Invaders was in horrid shape but works great now. I also have a High Speed that I fixed up and just bought a Special Force that I haven't begun to work on yet.

Pinball ownwrship is a never-ending battle but I still love it.

this is my latest wiring adventure just completed today
Time Crisis 3 to JAMMA :D

Attachments

• DSCN8622.JPG
    DSCN8622.JPG
    652.5 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCN8623a.jpg
    DSCN8623a.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 207
Nice. I need to find one of those I/Os so I can do something similar.

What did you use to make the pedal?

hehe! I knew someone would ask about the pedal ;)

basically, wood.

the top was a later add-on because I had to use it with a bare foot and my big toe would start to cramp up after 5 minutes of re-loads heh!

I've got a real TC1 or TC2 foot pedal outside, just need to fix it up and then bring it in.
I've actually got 2 pedals, one is part of a big cabinet repair job in my garage for a Crisis Zone.
That game just fuckin' rocks 8)

Attachments

• DSCN8624.JPG
    DSCN8624.JPG
    651.4 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCN8625.JPG
    DSCN8625.JPG
    647.7 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN8626.JPG
    DSCN8626.JPG
    629.8 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCN8627.JPG
    DSCN8627.JPG
    628.3 KB · Views: 202
Next time my wife tells me that my Candy29 cab is taking up too much space, I could just show her the Sega Rally dual cab LOL.

Welcome, godfather of the dumping scene! :)

yo that step panel is awesome. Great work. I will have to borrow in the future for ideas.

Back