What's new

bitkid

Student
Reaction score
I've been a member on this forum for a few years now and realized I never made an introduction thread. I've also been on Arcade Otaku, as well as Shmups and the SRK forum (RIP) for a number of years, although I don't really post much. I have done a few transactions with members of those forums, mainly on Shmups forum.

I've been in the hobby since about 2009 when a co-worker of mine introduced me to SFIII: Third Strike. He had a couple of Byrdo arcade sticks that we'd play on, which gave me the drive to try building my own sticks. That experience led me to investigating the rest of the arcade scene, which led me to shmups, and eventually to acquiring a couple candy cabs and a handful of PCBs.

I still have not met a single person in my local area (Grass Valley/Nevada City) in California who is in this hobby, although I did make a bunch of friends and acquaintances in SF Bay Area and Sacramento. I recently made a connection with forum member @garou81 and acquired a Blast City from him.

Right now I'm mostly playing shmups due to lack of local offline fighting game players and relatively bad internet. While its a long shot, I'd be down to meet up locally and play some games.

Cheers,
Paul

Back