What's new

Futaba Tori

Student
Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be possible to mod an arcade groove coaster controller to a usb interface and then make it use xbox 360 drivers. I don't own a groove coaster cab so I don't remember if it already uses usb but from what I remember it uses its own cable. Just wondering if it is possible and what tools I would need to make it work.

Sure, you could wire up the original controls to an encoder. It's basically nothing more than two buttons and two joysticks.

Would there be a best groove coaster controller like from a specific game to get? Or should I just try to get a gc4max controller?

The cabs are all the same, it's just the software that has changed over the years.

I saw a good deal on a GC4 listing. How would I update it?

Why would you need to update it? The newer updates just have more songs, but they're all locked unless you connect to a network.

While you are right, would it be possible to connect it to a network over ethernet and it just work fine? Or is it like Project diva where you need a separate box for net, and would there be a way to set it to free play?

While you are right, would it be possible to connect it to a network over ethernet and it just work fine?

No, you can't just connect it to a network.

Free play works. It's just most of the content is locked when it's offline.

Would there be a way to unlock it (the songs and other stuff) or is it streamed over the network? Also does it work like Project Diva where you need a network box or something like that? (I know that in PDAFT there is a box in the cab that connects it to the servers or something)

Back