What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another dumb question. Will the Brooks work with PS5 when it comes out. Any reason to think it won't?

Another dumb question. Will the Brooks work with PS5 when it comes out. Any reason to think it won't?
No one can say for sure, because if we could, we wouldn't be here answering your questions, we'd be buying lotto tickets.

That being said, on one hand the PS5 and Xbone2 are just higher performing computers, so the games and accessories should just be compatible, but on the other hand, Sony and Microsoft have made great efforts to prevent prior generation of accessories from working on the next generation. It could be related to the system architecture changing, but it is also likely to drive sales of new accessories, which unlike games, have crept up in price generation to generation.

Does ps4 work directly with the black diamond monitor? I recall some people need some specific adapter to handle the hdcp?

I recall some people need some specific adapter to handle the hdcp?
Any HDMI hub that processes HDCP will work, but you are right in that some early models of the Vewlix LCD didn't play nicely with HDCP enforcement.
I believe the monitor inside the Black (new new for lack of a better descriptor) will however. Maybe @SNK-NEO-GEO can answer this.

Does ps4 work directly with the black diamond monitor? I recall some people need some specific adapter to handle the hdcp?
I recall some people need some specific adapter to handle the hdcp?
Any HDMI hub that processes HDCP will work, but you are right in that some early models of the Vewlix LCD didn't play nicely with HDCP enforcement.I believe the monitor inside the Black (new new for lack of a better descriptor) will however. Maybe @SNK-NEO-GEO can answer this.
we discussed this in another thread VB has HDCP built in so no need for an extra device

I had the white normal PS4 and I don't remember what firmware that was on and the PS4 worked with a DVI and HDMI cable..but you don't get sound like that.. a cheap HDMI switch was recommended at the SHMUPS which has audio out and supposedly strip the DHCP from the PS4.. that was what I used, wrote about it somewhere and pics of the switch.. I use a PC with steam and never use the consoles since all the fighting games are on stream.

Oh yes that's right, you'll need to strip the audio from the HDMI connector.
Thanks SNK!

never thought of that, I was thinking the only option was to get sound out of the optical output, that's what i've been using a Digital to analog converter.

that's what i've been using a Digital to analog converter.
Might be the better option, I'm not sure as I don't own a PS4.
When I use Xbox 360 in my Vewlix I prefer the VGA cable+Brooks Universal.

41aeok9IuyL._SY355_.jpg

Be sure to get an official Xbox 360 VGA cable. It's a world of difference compared to the knock off ones.

that's what i've been using a Digital to analog converter.
Might be the better option, I'm not sure as I don't own a PS4.When I use Xbox 360 in my Vewlix I prefer the VGA cable+Brooks Universal.

41aeok9IuyL._SY355_.jpg
I actually have that cable and a 360 and never crossed my mind to use it on a Viewlix. I was thinking VGA cable would not be able to carry HD signals

XGA can support upto 1080p, however Vewlix monitors esp older ones only go upto 1366x768.

This is the HDMI splitter with audio out that has been recommended in this forum before that I'm about to buy myself for my incoming Blue and White Diamonds:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HRJ9OA8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?smid=A2N4NEZPB53SEZ&psc=1

Here's the rest of my shopping list. Short of the Brook boards that I'll get from Arcade Shock, and how I'm wiring them in, this should be all you need to link two Vewlixes to a PS4 or PC with HDMI out, both video, sound, and controls. I'm purposefully giving myself plenty of slack with the cables so they're easy rouyte cleanly and so you can shift the two cabs around separately if you need to move them without popping connectors all over the place.

splitter.jpg

XGA can support upto 1080p, however Vewlix monitors esp older ones only go upto 1366x768.
totally forgot about this standard I thought it had long disappeared.

Last edited:
ive played on a vewlix at round 1 and i own a blast that i think im gonna replace with a vewlix...

is the vewlix alot wider/taller than the blast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back