What's new

Gnaffron

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello there,

I 'd like to maintain my Hantarex Polo/2 25-28 15/25kHz AUTO Monitor (which giving issues - i ll create a separate post for this) by changing at least the components that are aging over time, mostly capacitors, on the main, control, crt socket, switch and e-w boards.

Do you have a couple of good references/websites/vendors from which we can directly buy a reliable and relevant set of components (aka capkit) for this specific version of the hantarex polo monitor (/2 25-28 15/25kHz AUTO Monitor)?

Cheers

Regards
Eric

Attachments

• IMG_7378.JPEG
    IMG_7378.JPEG
    144.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7390.JPEG
    IMG_7390.JPEG
    95 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7391.JPEG
    IMG_7391.JPEG
    123.9 KB · Views: 65
So many revisions of this chassis that I personally wouldn't trust a cap kit. All of the caps are numbered, so just jot down the values of each and order replacements from TME, Digikey or Mouser?

So many revisions of this chassis that I personally wouldn't trust a cap kit. All of the caps are numbered, so just jot down the values of each and order replacements from TME, Digikey or Mouser?
mummm I was thinking to go with a capkit to avoid having to list all capacitors... and just change most of what I can with the provided kit, making sure that I only change what is identical... and then note the difference between what the kit recommends and what I actually did not implement... but you are suggesting I suppose to open the right schematic PDF, go at the very last page and order directly all components 1 by 1? -- if so, what generic question: apart from the capacitors, is there any other componets that are useful to directly order because we know they are often faulty on those chassis so it's no brainer? because I cant just place too many orders... otherwise supplying myself may take me forever :)

If the manual is legible, you could do that too.

Unless you can see visibly damaged components (like resistors) on the chassis, I would just order the replacement capacitors.

@nem thanks for your advice. Despite the price of shipping + import VAT to France, it was worth for me ordering all my chemical condensators and change them to fix my PSU which started burning 3 or 4 weeks ago... following 3 capacitors which completely leaked... https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/capcom-cps-001a-7a-psu-for-q25-capcom-cabinet.25992/ ... changing/fixing my PSU actually resolved my problem on my screen... which makes sense because looking at the boards of my POLO monitor nothing was really noticeabable. I believe I will though unmoung my boards for my monitor, start manually mapping all chemical condensators and start doing a proper list to order some new ones and start capping 100% of them on my POLO /2 15/25 before some NICHICON caps start leaking... but again, thanks... all very good now on my side... I am so happy now with the end result and the quality of the image which I have not seen since at least 25 years :)

Reactions: nem
Back