What's new

pixelvsprintdot

Student
Reaction score
HI all,

I'm getting a super odd thing on my HAS, the P1 and P2 buttons 6's are always active.
I have tried my own wires from the A board to the has AND the official HAS kick harness - still happens with both
I have tried using different A boards and different games. - still happens
I have tried with and without the HAS jamma extender - still happens with both

This happens even if a controller isn't plugged in

The only way this doesn't happen is if there is no connection from the A board to the HAS for P1 & P2's button 6

HAS anyone ever run into this? LOL

Attachments

• IMG_8328.jpg
    IMG_8328.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8330.jpg
    IMG_8330.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 34
I think there is some issue with button six on the CPS2 system, but my memory is failing me on this. @RGB can clarify.

One thing to try while you wait for him to reply is to reassign button six elsewhere to see if it stays on, here are the instructions. Good idea to reset the buttons anyone because no telling what the idiot who owned that before you did with it!

❶ Press and hold down two arbitrary buttons and the START button for 3 or more seconds. After 3 seconds an appropriate status LED on the HAS board will light up and buttons will no longer register – this means the HAS has entered the buttons remapping mode and you can release the buttons.

❷ Right after you release the last of the buttons held down, you can set a new button layout by pressing buttons.

❸ Each press of a button corresponds to the JAMMA button number. If you press a button once, it will be JAMMA button 1, twice - button 2, thrice - button 3, it works up to button 6. The seventh press disables the button; the eighth press starts the countdown over. No button press means the button will not be set.

Additionally, each press of a button is indicated by the status LED blink.

The DIP switches enable buttons on the JAMMA connector. Buttons 4-6 on the kick harness connector are always available, regardless of the DIP switch setting. You only really need to activate button 6 in two cases - when you want to use a Pandora's Box multi-game PCB or when you want to use my JAMMA extension harness.

Check out the instruction manual - https://rgbslab.com/pages/has-instruction-manual

I think there is some issue with button six on the CPS2 system, but my memory is failing me on this. @RGB can clarify.

One thing to try while you wait for him to reply is to reassign button six elsewhere to see if it stays on, here are the instructions. Good idea to reset the buttons anyone because no telling what the idiot who owned that before you did with it!

❶ Press and hold down two arbitrary buttons and the START button for 3 or more seconds. After 3 seconds an appropriate status LED on the HAS board will light up and buttons will no longer register – this means the HAS has entered the buttons remapping mode and you can release the buttons.

❷ Right after you release the last of the buttons held down, you can set a new button layout by pressing buttons.

❸ Each press of a button corresponds to the JAMMA button number. If you press a button once, it will be JAMMA button 1, twice - button 2, thrice - button 3, it works up to button 6. The seventh press disables the button; the eighth press starts the countdown over. No button press means the button will not be set.

Additionally, each press of a button is indicated by the status LED blink.
so no matter what button it's mapped to 6 on the controller it's always on if it's connected to the kick harness. even if no controller is connected button 6 is active

The DIP switches enable buttons on the JAMMA connector. Buttons 4-6 on the kick harness connector are always available, regardless of the DIP switch setting. You only really need to activate button 6 in two cases - when you want to use a Pandora's Box multi-game PCB or when you want to use my JAMMA extension harness.

Check out the instruction manual - https://rgbslab.com/pages/has-instruction-manual
ohhhh word , yeah that worked! My bad I had thought they needed to be enabled no matter what ! , thank you both so much LOL

Back