What's new

mawrick

Beginner
Reaction score
Anyone Know what might cause a purple tint picture on a Sony PVM, when using a HAS HS-15 (VGA-BNC) to a Sony PVM, not sure if my settings are correct on the HAS for this setup, can it have anything to do with the "sync" settings or something else causing such behavior.

The monitor does work fine hooked up to an Amiga.

First time firing up the HAS, and first time I fired up this pcb so really don't know the status of the pcb initially.

Any tips appreciated.

Game turned out to be "Namco Dancing eyes" (came with a cabinet I bought a while ago in an unknown state, never tested in the cab as that is a work in progress stil)

You must change the input type to RGB on your PVM (at the moment it's set to Component/Y R-Y B-Y). There is a button for that on the PVM's front panel.

You must change the input type to RGB on your PVM (at the moment it's set to Component/Y R-Y B-Y). There is a button for that on the PVM's front panel.
Thanks for the tip, tried different settings on the front, to no avail, but tried plugging in another board (had to get it from another place so wasn't available at the time), and now it seem like the colors are as expected.

Seem to be missing green on the first arcade board, so guess there is something wrong with the pcb itself.

Btw, does all bord with jamma connector output sound thru the Jamma connector? (have no sound on either of the boards, but seem like at least the last board have a pin-header for sound (4 pins)

Btw, does all bord with jamma connector output sound thru the Jamma connector? (have no sound on either of the boards, but seem like at least the last board have a pin-header for sound (4 pins)

They should output sound thru JAMMA. Some boards (like MK2) need -5v for the sound board so check that you have that on your PSU.

Can I plug the HAS directly to a MVS 2-slot (audio switch to mvs) or do I need to get an adapter before hooking those up ?

SNK1.jpg

Can I plug the HAS directly to a MVS 2-slot (audio switch to mvs) or do I need to get an adapter before hooking those up ?
You can safely connect it to the HAS without the adapter. If you own a HAS V4.0 or newer, flip the audio switch to stereo for the stereo output.

What video/audio cable do you use with your HAS?

You can safely connect it to the HAS without the adapter. If you own a HAS V4.0 or newer, flip the audio switch to stereo for the stereo output.

What video/audio cable do you use with your HAS?
Must the audio switch be switched to MVS, or would it be safe to still have it in jamma mode ? (just for testing purposes).

I'm using a VGA->BNC to the PVM via the HD-15 adapter.

On the audio I'v tried to use the 3.5 jack, outputing to both a normal stereo-amp, but also directly to some headphones.

EDIT:

I might add the when using the stereo-amp the phono cables that is attached have quite some length to them, so maybe that can cause trouble ?

You can safely leave it as mono, but you will hear sound from only one channel.

Have you tried to crank up the volume on the PCB game?

This PCB is known to have failing surface caps on it if I recall. You will probably need to do a full recap on the game, but it's pretty fun and definitely worth saving!

You can safely leave it as mono, but you will hear sound from only one channel.

Have you tried to crank up the volume on the PCB game?
Yea tried to crank up the volume on both cards to no avail, not sure if sound works on the cards as it's the first time I hook em up.

btw, the MVS cards, will they boot into a snk screen with sound without a cart in them or won't they boot without a cart ?

Unfortunately, it doesn't boot to such screen, and you won't hear anything without the cart, so please check with a cart and let me know.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it doesn't boot to such screen, and you won't hear anything without the cart, so please check with a cart and let me know.
will do, don't currently have a cart, but I'l get around buying some to test it out (the two other boards are one Namco System 11 and one Detana "Bells & whistles" (konami board).

I'l get back to you once I'm able to get hold of a mvs cart :)

Finally had some more time to "fiddle" seem that the sound is fine (I don't currently have any suitable controllers) so was only booting to startup screen/animation, didn't really think about the fact the boards doesn't run sound before running the game (so when using the service/test button I was able to trigger a "test sound" from the board) :)

What's the best options when it comes to controllers ?, is it going the usb2db15 route or something else ?

Reactions: RGB
USB2DB15 is a great choice.

I usually play using a DB15 modified HRAP with Sanwa parts, or the official Sega Saturn controller + joypad converter.

USB2DB15 is a great choice.

I usually play using a DB15 modified HRAP with Sanwa parts, or the official Sega Saturn controller + joypad converter.
That's the Hori Real arcade sticks ? (f.ex PS4 versions ?), or would it have to be something else (see one Hori Real Arcade pro V silent (PS4) locally for an ok price) Are they easily converted to DB15 ?)

It's a Hori Real Arcade Pro Amazon version for the PS2 I got in 2008, quite old :) the modification wasn't complicated, but I wouldn't do it again.

Using a USB to DB15 adapter is a much better option.

Back