What's new

nawafsama

Student
Reaction score
Hello everyone ! My name is Nawaf, from Dubai, UAE - Ever since I was a kid I was a sucker for music arcades, Iā€™d spend most of my time on Guitar Freaks (now Gitadora) - today I am a guitarist šŸ¤£ and play anime/gaming music covers around cons in the region. Guitarist as a hobby ofcourse, Iā€™m a public equities analyst/portfolio manager, mostly focused on the TMT sector and video gaming as well. I visit E3 in LA every year (when it was physical) however I never went on an arcade center exploration and looking forward to visit some next year !

Happy to join this community, here is my set of cabs, got some more stored since I donā€™t have enough space. On a journey to buy multi boards at the moment and (hoping to learn mahjong) my exceleena has a mahjong panel so thought might as well try. Learning stuff day by day, I remember the first cab I got last year, unplugged JAMMA while itā€™s powered on :) started to value my life a little more šŸ¤£

EB546091-03E7-4033-859E-7927C5F5283F.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome! Sick room looks like fun! Lol Iā€™m kind of in the same boat I scored a mahjong panel and now I wanna learn too lol! Need more time

Welcome! That's a nice collection. The circular setup looks good!

Thank you guys !

@TodoRojo always cheered for Ferrari šŸ˜† this fridge is given by Redbull to streamers/influencers etc and they send me like 30 cans of Redbull every month. Funny thing is I donā€™t drink Redbull and I end up just giving them away during friendā€™s gatherings šŸ¤£

Thank you guys !

@TodoRojo always cheered for Ferrari šŸ˜† this fridge is given by Redbull to streamers/influencers etc and they send me like 30 cans of Redbull every month. Funny thing is I donā€™t drink Redbull and I end up just giving them away during friendā€™s gatherings šŸ¤£
Haha right on! How about that win for Carlos!? Such a good race :)

Welcome to the forum!

I think I ran across your page on Instagram. Nice stuff! pretty impressive to source all of those cabs in such a short time. what is the arcade scene like there? I had a few friends online from the Middle East and it seems like everybody is into fighting games.
Also wondering what is it like finding cabs there? Do you have to import everything or were you able to find any locally?

Thank you guys !!

@90sCyberThriller
You are correct, the community here is split between SF 3rd Strike and KOF, mostly fighting games. Just a few guys have private arcades at the moment where we go and chill/compete - Iā€™m assuming you might know @Arikado89 , heā€™s a very good friend with a beautiful setup (he shared his setup in that arcade room thread) and we gather every week or other week.

In my case I started hunting rare cabs mid 2020, arcade centers were closing in Japan and was lucky to get some of the rarer ones. My collection is 70% candy 20% music 10% racing.

Interesting thing about Dubai/UAE, youā€™ll find MUCH MORE Neo geo cabs than Blast/Astroā€™s etc, and lots of Megaloā€™s as well. Itā€™s almost impossible to buy a candy cab here, no oneā€™s selling and warehouses have been wiped out. You can still find racing or shooters arcades, which Iā€™m saving (got ace driver, sega race tv/ Daytona 2 twin cabs past week) for dirt cheap. There is some treasure still to be found but not candies, you can find boards and other types of cabs.

Is that a Sega PRas3 in the middle? :)

šŸ¤¤ Nice setup, man.

Gorgeous! I've been seeing more of those lately and love them.

EDIT: And wouldn't a SEGA multi be more authentic? :)

@64MK

The original hardware is still in however Iā€™ve got no idea if it would work without a network or need to be unlocked, not sure. turned it in and would write something in Japanese and not load.

Was considering to get a Lindburgh multi for it but I like TTX3 multi looks like it has a lot of games. Im still learning more on multiā€™s and will eventually swap the hardware once I make space for one or two Vewlixā€™s

@64MK

The original hardware is still in however Iā€™ve got no idea if it would work without a network or need to be unlocked, not sure. turned it in and would write something in Japanese and not load.

Was considering to get a Lindburgh multi for it but I like TTX3 multi looks like it has a lot of games. Im still learning more on multiā€™s and will eventually swap the hardware once I make space for one or two Vewlixā€™s
Welcome to the forum nawafsama - That's a pretty mindblowing collection considering the rarity of these cabs lately. \o/
Do you host get togethers with friends there?

@Kagaden

Thank you !! Yes we do, however the place isnā€™t fully functional yet - some more boards on the way, only have one mistercade and bunch of MVSā€™s, hoping to get some more and looking for multiā€™s. My Impress and Windy got horizontal collapse, so Iā€™ll have to figure those out soon. Canary has some blur which I need to adjust/flyback was is inaccessible, its really tough šŸ¤£. The rest are working and I think we will have more gatherings once theyā€™re all set up and the boards arrive.

Welcome to the club! If there's anything I can do for you in the future please feel free to reach out.

Back