What's new

Lallander

Student
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've dreamed of getting a game room set up for years now. Maybe a few arcade cabinets, a pinball machine. That sort of thing. They're hard to find in my area, pricey for anything good, and limiting only able to play one game. I looked into some sort of MAME cabinet, but the designs didn't really do anything for me. I found the MiSTer project a few years back and have been following that closely. Looked into possibly getting a really nice gaming CRT or PVM. Those are also hard to find and expensive.

So I thought if I'm going to invest money on something anyway why not do it with a bit of class?

I lived in South Korea for a year and have spent some tine in Japan. I fell in love with the arcades over there. I just found out about the MiSTercade and it all came together. Get a JAMMA based candy cab and put a MiSTercade in it. Apparently I can even connect it to a modern LCD or OLED at the same time.

I'm on day 3 of my hunt. Researching things and looking for communities like this to learn more and possibly find a cabinet. I'm leaning towards an original Sega Astro City at the moment. I found someone with a Blast City available, but I've been strongly warned against going that route. I like the look of the Astro City better as well.

Have you reached out to that gaming Terminal arcade place in Nashville? They have like 100's of arcades. Maybe you can see if they have some candy? Or willing to have some brought that way? 🤔

This is likely me in question here if you need one I got a few left coming by the end of the year
Ah ok, that makes sense, I reached out to you already about a project blast, but I think you found the part you were looking for iirc. I'll reach out separately about a working blast rather than clutter an intro post haha.

Back