What's new

Auro

Student
Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while but I figured it was about time I make an intro thread.

I am a reasonably new convert to this hobby, which I got into largely through a revived interest in the Dreamcast. We had two laying around the house and I was able to mod one of them into a workable state in 2021, and from there discovered the Atomiswave ports, which got me interested in Dreamcast-based arcade hardware such as the Atomiswave and the Naomi.

Presently, I don't have any full arcade cabinets, although I do have an Arcade 1-Up and a cabinet from Microcenter which I assembled myself and wired for JAMMA. More recently, I obtained an Atomiswave and a few games, which I now have hooked up to this cabinet.

My long-term goal is to fill out my Atomiswave collection, obtain a Naomi, and sit-down cabinets capable of housing both systems (Ideally an Atomiswave SD cabinet for the Atomiswave but sadly since those do not seem widely available, it might be an extra-long-term goal). I'm not coming into this with any technical background in electronics so I have been learning a lot as I go, and these forums have been very helpful to that end.

Welcome to the club! If there’s anything I can do to help out in the future, please feel free to reach out.

Welcome!

Real Atomiswave hardware can get pricey. Thankfully, you can play the games on a Dreamcast or play ports on Naomi.

Back