What's new

edwin128

Student
Reaction score
Hello.

I have a multi-bios naomi1 working fine with a netdimm firmware version 3.13.

I got a naomi2, I don't know which bios has because it's not written in the eprom. Without the netdimm it boots, shows error 1 and I can access the test menu.

Once I put the netdimm, it gets frozen in the booting screen. it does not show any error or I can access the test menu. I put the netdimm back the naomi1 and it works fine. Also, I did the test in the test menu and it seems is fine.

What could be causing these problem? I see some jumpers in the naomi2 mobo, I did not touch them. I should change them to get the naomi2 to boot with the netdimm.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello.

I have a multi-bios naomi1 working fine with a netdimm firmware version 3.13.

I got a naomi2, I don't know which bios has because it's not written in the eprom. Without the netdimm it boots, shows error 1 and I can access the test menu.

Once I put the netdimm, it gets frozen in the booting screen. it does not show any error or I can access the test menu. I put the netdimm back the naomi1 and it works fine. Also, I did the test in the test menu and it seems is fine.

What could be causing these problem? I see some jumpers in the naomi2 mobo, I did not touch them. I should change them to get the naomi2 to boot with the netdimm.

I just changed the jumpers in the mobo and make sure that the netdimm was sitting properly and it worked!!!

Hello.

I got a new multi-bios and the issue continues. Sometimes I cannot even access the test menu. I completely discard that the netdimm is wrong as I works fine in my naomi1.
I perform a ram test on the naomi2 and all the chips are ok.
I opened the netdimm and just put the bottom pcb in the naomi2 to make sure that the contacts were ok, the leds on the netdimm get on, but no media board error is given, only error 1.

I wonder that maybe this naomi2 was not working and sold as working to me.

Anyone has an idea of what to try before I contact the seller?

Measure the voltage, the NAOMI 2 uses more power than the original.
Hello . I was thiking about it. The voltage in the 5V line is 4.92V (according to the SuperGun voltimeter). I will measure the 12V later. I think I will have to get a more powerful psu.

Thx.

Back