What's new

KalessinDB

Grand Master
Reaction score
So the PSU on one of my Astros is failing -- random reboots while playing my CPS2 multi, reboots at level 2 of Bad Dudes, stopped booting my F3 altogether... so I got one of these:

https://www.highway.net.au/arcade-p...ansformers/sega-atx-power-supply/17180-1.html

Nice enough bit of kit, I've mostly got it figured out. BUT, it has the little 4-pin connector there in the middle of it for Test, Service, and AF+/AF- (which I assume is volume - please let me know if I'm wrong)

Currently I have nothing connected to that, which y'know I can survive without Service/Test for now (especially with the CPS2 multi as it has its own test button and stuff is set free play anyway), buuuuut it appears that if I don't have anything connected to AF+/AF- it cuts my audio entirely. At least, that's as far as I was able to figure it out today. Anyone know where I can find one of those connectors so I don't have to kludge it up with a connector that doesn't fit right? I know there's a half dozen wiring bit websites out there, but I don't even know what that's called so I wouldn't know where to look.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, that looks right. Actually poked around a bit myself, and Paradise has the female end with wiring for 75 cents... Now I just need to figure out exactly how to wire it up.

I know there's guides on putting a stereo amp in an Astro City, but they're not required for mono, are they? The power supply I'm pulling out had volume control on it, I'm trying to figure out if it had an amp inside it too.

I know there's guides on putting a stereo amp in an Astro City, but they're not required for mono, are they? The power supply I'm pulling out had volume control on it, I'm trying to figure out if it had an amp inside it too.
No need for mono. PCBs have their own amps.

The original PSU has no amp.

No need for mono. PCBs have their own amps.

The original PSU has no amp.
tyvm. That was what I was assuming, but it's nice to have confirmation.

Back