What's new

Doop

Student
Reaction score
I'm from NYC. Lover of shmups, fighting games and misc retro action. Nowdays I spend a lot of time fiddling with my MiSTer and various CRTs.

Just bought my first PCB and am currently looking into building a Supergun (and finding a decent housing solution for the board..)

A friend and I are also thinking about going in togther on a candy cab soon if anyone has any advice/leads on where to purchase one on the East Coast.

Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome! I'm originally from Queens and last lived there around 2014. I remember around that time there was literally zero in the way of arcades in all 5 boros aside from some pretty lame barcades. Has the situation improved?

EDIT: Also cool to see you're building a supergun. I built my first one with parts from the Microcenter on Kissena which I was walking distance from. Man I miss Microcenter.

Welcome! I'm originally from Queens and last lived there around 2014. I remember around that time there was literally zero in the way of arcades in all 5 boros aside from some pretty lame barcades. Has the situation improved?
Small world, Im originally from Queens also, but moved around a lot, between boros, states, and countries lol. But I do remember the arcades in the late 80s, early 90s, plenty of quarters were lost there.

I'm from NYC. Lover of shmups, fighting games and misc retro action. Nowdays I spend a lot of time fiddling with my MiSTer and various CRTs.

Just bought my first PCB and am currently looking into building a Supergun (and finding a decent housing solution for the board..)

A friend and I are also thinking about going in togther on a candy cab soon if anyone has any advice/leads on where to purchase one on the East Coast.

Nice to meet everyone!
welcome! glad to see New England in the house! hit up @GeekMan1222 for a cab.

Small world, Im originally from Queens also, but moved around a lot, between boros, states, and countries lol. But I do remember the arcades in the late 80s, early 90s, plenty of quarters were lost there.
Yeah I grew up in Queens in the mid-late 80s and the arcades all over NYC were amazing at that time. I remember there was one in a subway station which was loaded with STG. Then I moved to Florida with my family in the early 90s. I moved back in the mid 2010s for a while and man, what a letdown. Rent was too high and the city had changed too much so I bailed.

E: Looks like the typical NYC hole in the wall arcade was still going strong in 1997, and with a Turbo Force cab no less!:
View: https://youtu.be/zF28E0rBBcg?t=711

Welcome! I'm from LES, I have been lived in Queens for a minute now.
To me... one of the best cabs is a blast city, it can do 31k or 15k.
Make suer you know what cab you want, and go for it.

Feel free to ask any questions :thumbup:

Welcome to the club! If there’s anything I can do to help out in the future, please feel free to reach out.

Back