What's new

Hey

sven666

Student
Reaction score
Long time arcade, pinball, videogame collector from Gothenburg, sweden. 42, 3 kids, what else?

Mostly looking to reduce the ammount of stuff i have these days tho... the things you own end up owning you.

Attachments

• 20240404_152653.jpg
    20240404_152653.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Thanx, ashamed to admit i mostly play fortnite since about 2 years XD

I have 4 cabs, currently housing smash tv, cyvern, espgaluda and matsuri mushihimesama 1.5 :)

Recently bought the 2 astebros MD games tho so looking forward to dusting off my old megadrive :)

Welcome man! I was looking at those games. Tried the demo for demons on my genesis and it was pretty damn cool.

Welcome, Sven.

@geotrig and the topic: Yes, I'am at the same position atm. Reviewing alot, selling alot, ... still love the stuff, but I've became a slave.

I think the most difficult thing is finding time

Thankfully it’s quick and easy to play arcade games. But to have them up and running is the most time consuming

I recognize your handle on shmups forum 🙃

Sad thing these days is having way too many toys we can play with and very little time

Constant projects on top of projects that never ends

I'm winding down and doing my best to enjoy what I have

I too broke out my Mega Drive the past few months

Sort of bowing out of modern gaming and going back to the games I grew up with in the early 90s

Almost full circle

thanx guys, yeah ive been on the shmups forum since it first started in the early 2000s

played alot of battle garegga on the saturn and ikaruga on the dreamcast and after learning that there were 2 sequels to garegga on the arcade i jumped head first into the abyss 😅
Got a supergun and blazing star, esprade (my first cave experience !) and battle bakraid sometime 2001/2002 and it has been going downhill ever since...

Also remember i paid $100 for bakraid which was just insane money back then (esprade and blazing were cheaper), at the same time a buddy bought radiant silvergun for the saturn for ~$150 (i think rsg at that price was proboably the most expensive game on all of the games market back then), i drove 3 hours to his house to try it out and to show my supergun setup 😅

Wh20 is a timeless classic, very good!

Dracula and Tron are my favourite tables to play.
Twilight zone is proboably my alltime favourite if you count the esthetics and nostalgia tho..

thanx guys, yeah ive been on the shmups forum since it first started in the early 2000s

played alot of battle garegga on the saturn and ikaruga on the dreamcast and after learning that there were 2 sequels to garegga on the arcade i jumped head first into the abyss 😅
Got a supergun and blazing star, esprade (my first cave experience !) and battle bakraid sometime 2001/2002 and it has been going downhill ever since...
Even though Technosoft shmups were my first on the Genesis

I fell deep into the genre with Radiant Silvergun on the Saturn

I'm not that good at shmups but I do love them

ESPRaide is my favorite CAVE shmup too 🥰

Back