What's new

plasia

Grand Master
Reaction score
hi guys, I've been following darksoft for a long time, from one of the first blog posts.

I took a break from fighting games and related hobbies because SF4 killed all the enthusiasm I had with the 3s scene dying in my city. For a while I was the local person that everyone in the FGC went to for arcade stick repairs and pcb swaps, sometimes I still am but because I'm not that involved anymore it has dropped off a lot.

My friend runs a gaming cafe and he has some arcade cabs and I've been fixing them up for him, in doing so I've gotten the bug back. I've been working on getting my old arcade hardware that's been sitting under my table tennis table living again. I was particularly excited when I revisited darksoft's site and discovered that I could now resurrect my dead CPS3 boards! I'm very excited about seeing my favourite game shine in an arcade cabinet in this city again.

A few months ago I sold a lot of my arcade hardware to buy an engagement ring. Fortunately I didn't sell everything, luckily I think my future wife will be happy if I bought an arcade cab which has always been a dream of mine (unfortunately I can't get one in the house I live in atm), which would be so much cooler than my supergun setup.

post-24142-pooh-and-piglet-waving-hello-g-QwCv.gif

Hello and welcome

My friend runs a gaming cafe and he has some arcade cabs
where abouts is this said cafe. might have to check it out.
It's called over9k

There are 2 cabs, one is some weirdo knockoff LCD one, I've left that with the mamebox inside. But I've gotten it fixed up. The other is an astrocity iirc, I'll be replacing the buttons and sticks and putting a CPS3 in :)

I am in Melbourne too. Nice to know that there are some arcade enthusiast in the same city.

Welcome.. It should go something like this.. You bought her a ring.. She buys you two candy cabs.. Now I call that engagement from both.. jK:)

Hope she doesn't 'fimble' the engagement ring! Man you Melbournites came up with some ridiculous sf slang :p

SF4 did the same for me, and SF5 hasn't turned that around at all. Luckily there are still plenty of awesome old-school fighting games and other arcade games left :)

i say buy a vewlix cab, get the $1800 screen aswell then get that to display will you marry me. boom 2 birds one stone

Welcome back! What do you think about the laiyoffs at Mad Catz? Mark Julio Marman, Tokido and Mago gone. Isn't it that Australia coined the term Bread and Butter? I heard from many people that Australia is such a cool country.

Back