What's new

YerpS3s

Student
Reaction score
View: https://youtu.be/jjXX6I2xiMw

Im having issues, i was testing a cps2 board when i twisted the jamma harness a wrong way, could it just be coincidence or the chassis needs a recap? i keep it in my garage, Its very cold there.

Tried CPS3, CPS2, and a mvs mv1f board. They all have this display issue rn. Should I rewire my jamma harness?

I think it's your jamma harness since it started with you twisting the harness. To me that looks like poor contact on the sync pin (pin 13, solder side on the jamma connector).

Does anyone have any experience with these monitors? i changed out the whole harness and still the same issue? can it be a psu?

So its not a harness issue but an issue possibly with the chassis board. Anyone recommendations? anyone ever work on these monitors?

Have you tried the basics? Is the monitor on original capacitors? Start with a cap kit. I believe that it is also possible to source replacement Chinese flybacks for this model, so consider changing that as well. If you decide to do a cap kit, take note that there are a handful of bipolar caps on this chassis, so make sure you don't miss those. There are also may be some oddball large bipolars that can't easily be sourced, so maybe just leave those alone.

You say you keep it in a very cold garage... have you tried heating up the garage and letting the monitor warm up for 30 minutes? CRTs have a warm up time before they are at normal operating brightness.

Back