What's new
Want To Buy

jiahua

New User
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm looking for Hook Arcade Game PCB, if you have any for sale, please PM me.

Hello,
I have a Hook PCB (Korean Licensed)
However, the batch or configuration is the same as the origin.

PM me if you're interested
Thank you for replying to me. . I want to buy the Japanese version

Which version is the one that has better color pallet again?

From The Gaming History Database [Updates]:

"The Japanese version has some differences to the US and World version:
* The colors are a little bit different (more saturated)
* The boss of the 3rd stage is different in the Japan version: in fact, there's a new boss named Mika, and she can summon her 2 sisters Anna and Gita, in the US and World versions, she is replaced by the Hook's clones."

"The Japanese version has some notable differences compared to the international release. Almost every part of the graphics has been re-colorized, generally using higher chroma and sometimes switching enemy’s shirt color."

Source

1708895234809.png

The Cutting Room Floor have some more screenshot comparisations...

Last edited:
The world version seems more in line with tyipical m92 color palette imo. The japanese one does look more like ninja baseball batman colors though. Jap must be the better version since it cost so much. Thanks for that. Always love these info. Makes them that little more special. Additional content like cutscene and non breaking game mechanics always define the clear winner for me.

Metamorphic force, thinserzone, thinder cross, xexex etc jap all the way. Konami were notorious for trashing world releases!

Back