What's new

iiamsiincere

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello

Hoping to get some genuine ideas for a project I can start. I would love to "re-create" a PC-Based Arcade Board with the percentage of needing OEM Arcade parts less than 40% of all the parts I'd need. I say that because if it's more than 50%, I might as well purchase the original board.

I currently have more than 15 500GB HDDs, at least 3 different motherboards/CPU that I'm not currently using (at least one with IDE ports) and I have both LCD monitors and a CRT for different video output.

I've created a GroovyMame build, a main pc that plays modern PC games/Emulates Post-2000s consoles, DOSBox/Windows XP based build, Batocera build but looking for another project to get into that's more narrow in it's function (sort of like how an FPGA works). I know I could just make one machine that does everything but that's not my interest.

I'm open to any project idea relating to arcade boards.

An X2 or X3 build pretty much narrows down to an OEM IO and JVS or FastIO adapter…
That sort of thing?

An X2 or X3 build pretty much narrows down to an OEM IO and JVS or FastIO adapter…
That sort of thing?
If all I need to do is add one of those parts, then yea, I'd be down to doing that as a project.

@ekorz Appreciated, but for sure I am no subject matter expert here :D

@iiamsiincere check out any demos of @nikos TTX2 Multi, or if you wish to stray a little further then visit the X3 Artax discord and see if that takes your fancy.

Back