What's new

Snax Tan

Student
Reaction score
Hello there.
i have a shitty "dev boards" (bk1/256) full socketed to play games done with eeproms .
noticed that certaing games are picky with graphics at some point.
iirc i got the same problem wit top hunter and spinmaster, but i have both original now.
another picky games are king of the mosters 2 and crossed swords.
maybe other titles but i am just talking about what i done.
last time i removed zmc and done some jumpers to play magician lord and cyberlip but i never get a clear image,.
i toook this picture from a german blog. i am experiencing exactely the same issue:
1661121707412.png

same as cyberlip. everything is good except the logo. but its odd.. because logo animation is glitchy after intro, but is good when you coin up.
i tried a lot of rom arrangement froms and never got working well.
but i saw aliexpress repro carts with this game working well in the same boards (bk1/256)
there is some advanced modification to get the game working as clear image?
Thanx in advance.

Check the Ali express CHA board jumpers and copy those, if they’re working. When you swap the factory mask roms with EPROMs you need to adjust the jumpers to allow for the different pinout

yes sir, jumpers are adjusted as eeproms i am using but game still working glitchy.
let me tell you a experience i had years ago:
i tried to make a viewpoint conversion (bk1/256), game was glitchy, i gave up for some weeks and use BK1 PCM to save a magical drop 2. the result was a orphan CHA with viewpoint data.
after some MVS SCANS research, i got a dupe sidekicks 1 cart, i took the PROG first and removed the SNK9201, finally put P1 for viewpoint. just as curious i tested the supposed glitchy CHA board i previously done.... game has clear image...
i never found an explanation of this.

Back