What's new

pixelvsprintdot

Student
Reaction score
I have been collecting these arcade kit parts ( not sure if that is even the right term for these) for a while now and have a good bit of them.

But I have always wondered, what is the best way to safely store them ???

Originally I had gotten a massive archival portfolio and was going to mount them to the pages, but that didn't work at all. If mounted to the stock portfolio pages the whole thing was super flimsy and the kit parts would have gotten damaged. I tied a thick card stock so the pages wouldn't be flimsy, but that made the whole thing unmanageable, not to mention the pain of finding acid-free cardstock in the right size.

Fast forward to today, I use acid-free tissue paper and folders, all inside archival-grade storage boxes.

I'm not in love with my solution, but it is the best I can come up with right now.

For folks who have collections of these arcade kits, how do you store them? I would really like to know what other people do.

Thank you in advance

IMG_1011.jpgIMG_1012.jpgIMG_0837.jpgIMG_0780.jpgIMG_0794.jpg

We kiwis are filthy grubs who never placed any value on this kind of artwork, so very little survives in this country.

But I’ve always thought that if I did have an amazing collection like yours I would store it in architecture “plan draws”. Normally up to A1 in size, specifically designed for safely storing large fragile pieces of paper flat. Each draw comes all the way out so you can see everything without sticky fingers all over it.

https://www.preservationequipment.com/Catalogue/Archival-Storage/Plan-Chest-Drawer-Cabinets

These are very expensive new, but often come up for peanuts second hand

We kiwis are filthy grubs who never placed any value on this kind of artwork, so very little survives in this country.

But I’ve always thought that if I did have an amazing collection like yours I would store it in architecture “plan draws”. Normally up to A1 in size, specifically designed for safely storing large fragile pieces of paper flat. Each draw comes all the way out so you can see everything without sticky fingers all over it.

https://www.preservationequipment.com/Catalogue/Archival-Storage/Plan-Chest-Drawer-Cabinets

These are very expensive new, but often come up for peanuts second hand

Oh yeah! Those types of draws are what I have been eyeing for my poster collection, but I worry that I would run out of space with them for the kit parts ... hmmmm

Back