What's new

andymage

Student
Reaction score
I tried converting VGA to HDMI but I can’t receive the video signal.

I think you need to make sure that the 245/256 DIP 4 is set to "OFF" to generate both a h sync and a csync, right? If it's set to ON, its going to send CSYNC out a different pin.

I am not sure if VGA can handle a CSYNC signal.

Matt

Which converter do you use?
1694406207941.png

This method is not feasible, HDMI shows no video signal

Then I Tried 2 methods, but the result was still no video signal。
1694406425944.png
1694407807270.png

Last edited:
我认为您需要确保 245/256 DIP 4 设置为“OFF”以生成 ah 同步和 csync,对吧?如果它设置为 ON,它将从不同的引脚发送 CSYNC。

我不确定 VGA 是否可以处理 CSYNC 信号。

马特

2x6 Aarcade 硬件 DIP 开关​

• 1 关闭=游戏模式,打开=测试模式
  • 2 关=3v视频输出,开=0.7v视频输出
  • 3 关=15khz 视频,开=31khz 视频
  • 4 关闭=复合同步,打开=水平/垂直同步
  • 谢谢你,我会尝试一下

Attachments

• QQ截图20230911125422.png
    QQ截图20230911125422.png
    192 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
You're using those converters backwards. The first one outputs VGA from an HDMI device. The VGA to Component cable is a passive cable and doesn't do anything. It's for niche use cases like the analog output on a mister. The thing thing converts composite video to VGA.

You need something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07121Y1Z3?th=1

You might have better results with a scaler like the OSSC though.

Yeah, you will need to use a converter like the cheap GBS-8200 (or blue HDMI variant) or OSSC to get any kind of signal via HDMI. Those cheap converters won’t work at all as they don’t process the weird sync signal the 246/256 produce. I use an OSSC and for me, it produces exceptional results
Tekken 5.0 Namco System 256 Heihachi Mishima gameplay 4K 60FPS
View: https://youtu.be/4WC-3gZbLys

You're using those converters backwards. The first one outputs VGA from an HDMI device. The VGA to Component cable is a passive cable and doesn't do anything. It's for niche use cases like the analog output on a mister. The thing thing converts composite video to VGA.

You need something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07121Y1Z3?th=1

You might have better results with a scaler like the OSSC though.
Spongebob, your device is the same as mine, but the appearance is different, and the principle is the same.

Yeah, you will need to use a converter like the cheap GBS-8200 (or blue HDMI variant) or OSSC to get any kind of signal via HDMI. Those cheap converters won’t work at all as they don’t process the weird sync signal the 246/256 produce. I use an OSSC and for me, it produces exceptional results
I am a fan of yours. I have watched every one of your videos. I watched your video in 4k mode. It is so high-definition. It is much higher-definition than when I connected it to the VGA display. I feel like I am now connected to the VGA display. It's all unclear. It's terrible.
Your device should have dynamically enhanced deinterlacing capabilities。
1694412947002.png

Last edited:
GBS8220游戏机低分辨率信号RGBS转VGA.CGA转VGA。视频转换板。
1694409927194.png

蓝色线直接插在VGA功能的显示器上,但画面拉伸到16:9并变形,丑陋、不噪音、锯齿严重。
1694410088914.png

扫描转换器(OSSC)V1.7 昂贵​

Attachments

• OSSC17-front.jpg
    OSSC17-front.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
In the end, I have 2 options:
1. I directly bought a second-hand monitor, Samsung 743N, with a screen ratio of 4:3, a resolution of 1280x1024, and a VGA interface.
微信图片_20230918121506.jpg

What are your dip settings on the 256? I'm assuming you're getting 31khz straight from the board in this case and into OSSC, correct?

What are your dip settings on the 256? I'm assuming you're getting 31khz straight from the board in this case and into OSSC, correct?
I’ve tested both 240p/480i/ and 480p via AV3 VGA input on the OSSC with near perfect results. For the 2X6 480p output, I try to use the cleaner option which uses separate sync (not composite sync). And yeah, I plug the VGS straight from the board to the OSSC as is as the Namco JAMMA B board video output sucks major ass, it softens the image a lot and can make the picture muddy…

Does this mean that OSSC has better image quality than GBSC?
In my experience, yes, unless you do the GBS-Control mod which can produce near identical results on par with the OSSC. Only issue I have with the OSSC is interlacing as it doesn’t have a dedicated frame buffer like GBS but I can set OBS to have de interlacing on anyway for video capturing.

I’ve tested both 240p/480i/ and 480p via AV3 VGA input on the OSSC with near perfect results. For the 2X6 480p output, I try to use the cleaner option which uses separate sync (not composite sync). And yeah, I plug the VGS straight from the board to the OSSC as is as the Namco JAMMA B board video output sucks major ass, it softens the image a lot and can make the picture muddy…
This is all good info and likely the method I will take as well re: OSSC. I just really need to know the right dip settings on the 256. Whatever I've tried so far doesn't produce a 480p signal in my testing. I can get the low res signal just fine but as you said the IO board softens the image too much for my tastes.

This is all good info and likely the method I will take as well re: OSSC. I just really need to know the right dip settings on the 256. Whatever I've tried so far doesn't produce a 480p signal in my testing. I can get the low res signal just fine but as you said the IO board softens the image too much for my tastes.
Which games are you trying to play in 480p? Only a few games supported 480p

Back