What's new
I'm like 100% sure Attract Mode has a specific way to work with steam games, but if you're trying to keep it all with Auto It launchers, you only have to modify the mame example a little bit:

You'll need to know the name of the game's exe when running. Just open task manager, right click, properties, and it's probably the contents of the text box at the top, plus .exe. The big difference is that you want to launch steam games with steam and not the game's exe. Launching a steam game with the steam exe requires the -applaunch switch and the game's app id. The app id can be found by right clicking the game in Steam, going to properties, then the Updates tab. There's probably an easier way though. The other change is that you will need your script to wait for the game to launch before waiting for it to close.

The example is assuming the same paths from thomas's post and that steam is in D:\Steam. You may need to modify accordingly.

Code:
#include <Constants.au3>
ProcessClose("attract.exe")
FileChangeDir("D:\Steam")
Run("D:\Steam\steam.exe -applaunch 1498570", "", @SW_HIDE)
ProcessWait("KOFXV-Win64-Shipping.exe")
ProcessWaitClose("KOFXV-Win64-Shipping.exe")
FileChangeDir("D:\SYSTEM\AM\")
Run("D:\SYSTEM\AM\attract.exe")
Exit

I think that using the steam features of Attract Mode is probably a better way to live your life, except I can't find how to configure it. I really find Attract Mode to be insanely annoying to configure.

I'm like 100% sure Attract Mode has a specific way to work with steam games, but if you're trying to keep it all with Auto It launchers, you only have to modify the mame example a little bit:

You'll need to know the name of the game's exe when running. Just open task manager, right click, properties, and it's probably the contents of the text box at the top, plus .exe. The big difference is that you want to launch steam games with steam and not the game's exe. Launching a steam game with the steam exe requires the -applaunch switch and the game's app id. The app id can be found by right clicking the game in Steam, going to properties, then the Updates tab. There's probably an easier way though. The other change is that you will need your script to wait for the game to launch before waiting for it to close.

The example is assuming the same paths from thomas's post and that steam is in D:\Steam. You may need to modify accordingly.

Code:
#include <Constants.au3>
ProcessClose("attract.exe")
FileChangeDir("D:\Steam")
Run("D:\Steam\steam.exe -applaunch 1498570", "", @SW_HIDE)
ProcessWait("KOFXV-Win64-Shipping.exe")
ProcessWaitClose("KOFXV-Win64-Shipping.exe")
FileChangeDir("D:\SYSTEM\AM\")
Run("D:\SYSTEM\AM\attract.exe")
Exit

I think that using the steam features of Attract Mode is probably a better way to live your life, except I can't find how to configure it. I really find Attract Mode to be insanely annoying to configure.

Yup that’s my understanding. If you want to just launch steam directly using AM without autoit, this is what I have found pointing to acf files. Not sure how acf files are named though, you would have to make romname match.

# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.1.0
#
executable C:\Steam\Steam.exe
args -applaunch [name]
rompath C:\Steam\SteamApps
romext .acf
system PC
info_source steam

Wow! This is also what I needed for a project I’m working on! Thanks! :) I also got one question but I’ll try to DM you.

Hello,
Thanks for the guide but i'm struggling to Add Street Fighter X Tekken.
This game is a Games for Windows.
So, can someone help me to add it on this frontend ?

1660674584275.png

Is there a particular step you're stuck on? It's a multi-step process outlined in the original post.

Is there anyone that could post an example of how to add a specific steam game with FastIO support ? Say, SFV or the new TMNT shredders revenge for those of us w Viewlix that want to be able to play online from our cabinets ?

Hi all, cant seem to get any artwork to display, all the other information seems OK, I have the artwork folder in d:\system\artwork is that correct

Back