What's new

JamesRolfe

Student
Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently purchased two motherboards. I have to them connected to my monitor via an ossc and programmer supergun . One works perfectly. The other has sound, and the buttons functions appear to work. However, no picture. The ossc says no sync. Tried with multiple games same issue. Any ideas? Thanks

Video sync is pin P on solder side (opposite 13). On a scope you should see it in the neighborhood of 5v 15.6khz. If you don’t have a scope you can at least use a multimeter and it should at least show you voltage or not.

Here’s a test point on the top side to make it easier (image attached). Pins 1,2 or 14 can be used for ground. You can boot the pgm without a shell or a game btw.

If you don’t find that signal at that via, it’s a matter of tracing that line back and seeing where it does finally show up. Hopefully it’s something easy like a part that’s cracked or knocked off.

Attachments

• 08241253-DD2F-4D80-B986-12CE255AA694.jpeg
    08241253-DD2F-4D80-B986-12CE255AA694.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Video sync is pin P on solder side (opposite 13). On a scope you should see it in the neighborhood of 5v 15.6khz. If you don’t have a scope you can at least use a multimeter and it should at least show you voltage or not.

Here’s a test point on the top side to make it easier (image attached). Pins 1,2 or 14 can be used for ground. You can boot the pgm without a shell or a game btw.

If you don’t find that signal at that via, it’s a matter of tracing that line back and seeing where it does finally show up. Hopefully it’s something easy like a part that’s cracked or knocked off.
Ok thank you. I’ll give it a try. Appreciated

The PGM really really hates computer trisyncs by the way. I've only seen one other board have this much trouble (Go Go Mile Smile). It doesn't like the Panasonic DT-1300 or Nanao Flexscan 8060 - it will not sync at all even if you have an Extron in the chain. It will just barely sync to the NEC Multisync I (JC-1401). Really wish there was a way to fix this.

Back