What's new

The Spaniard

Professional
Reaction score
Hey guy, can anyone give me any info on this board before I decide to purchase it.

I notice some Roms are covered in electrical tape and there seems to be a copper thread on one sticking out.

nLDZlIIh.jpg

wG8RUFch.jpg

aHglUFgh.jpg

O0Ed61qh.jpg

looks to be a genuine SF2' board, Rom #9 might have been reprogrammed at some point hence the electrical tape, not sure what's going on with that copper wire though?
original Mask roms, so all OK.

Regarding the black tape on rom #21,22,23, this is most likely due to the fact that the board was upgraded to Hyper Fighting, so I would ask if the original roms for those come with it.
Also replace that electrical tape with some decent stickers, labels or whatever ;)

looks to be a genuine SF2' board, Rom #9 might have been reprogrammed at some point hence the electrical tape, not sure what's going on with that copper wire though?
original Mask roms, so all OK.

Regarding the black tape on rom #21,22,23, this is most likely due to the fact that the board was upgraded to Hyper Fighting, so I would ask if the original roms for those come with it.
Also replace that electrical tape with some decent stickers, labels or whatever ;)
Thanks PascalIP I'll ask the seller what the deal is with those Roms and that copper wire.

Pull up the tape and see whats with the copper wire. It doesn't belong there, it's probably just some debris stuck to the tape.

Does look like it. The seller told me all Roms are original, just that the stickers came off and they put tape over them to cover it up.

Waiting on a pic of the tittle screen. I imagine its champ or hyper.

Pull up the tape and see whats with the copper wire. It doesn't belong there, it's probably just some debris stuck to the tape.
Does look like it. The seller told me all Roms are original, just that the stickers came off and they put tape over them to cover it up.

Both of these statements seem plausible...

:D

I bet it is Hyper, would be a very big coincidence if the labels came of from exactly those 3 roms ;)
Rom #9 could be a coincidence or repair at some point

I bet it is Hyper, would be a very big coincidence if the labels came of from exactly those 3 roms ;) Rom #9 could be a coincidence or repair at some point
So you think this was a champ converted to hyper and these roms were erased and re-used?

What is the consensus on this? It's cheap enough to buy considering the costs of these are currently at.

yes, personally I've done this a few times and always used new roms and saved to original roms.
I'm not a big fan of reburning original roms if not needed :)

Yeah, I would be thinking the same, just keep the original roms and get a new set burnt.

I bet it is Hyper, would be a very big coincidence if the labels came of from exactly those 3 roms ;) Rom #9 could be a coincidence or repair at some point
So you think this was a champ converted to hyper and these roms were erased and re-used?
What is the consensus on this? It's cheap enough to buy considering the costs of these are currently at.
Yep safe buy IMO. It'll just be a CE converted to hyper. The stickers on those sound ROMs fall off so it's probably just taped over to protect it.

EDIT:
Also, bloody hell do I hate how the LAI techs used to file the sides of the JAMMA edge like that. Friggen butchers man! Some of mine are like that and it pisses me off, you gotta make sure your JAMMA harnesses are keyed and be really careful plugging them in.

Yep safe buy IMO. It'll just be a CE converted to hyper. The stickers on those sound ROMs fall off so it's probably just taped over to protect it.
EDIT:
Also, bloody hell do I hate how the LAI techs used to file the sides of the JAMMA edge like that. Friggen butchers man! Some of mine are like that and it pisses me off, you gotta make sure your JAMMA harnesses are keyed and be really careful plugging them in.
Why would they do that? Were their connectors smaller than JAMMA standard?

EDIT:
Why would they do that? Were their connectors smaller than JAMMA standard?
I have no idea whatsoever. I just know that some jackass that can't even hold a file straight has hacked into most of them.

Back