What's new
I had a lot of trouble getting the firmware updated on the netdimm and ran into other issues. It is really cool for sure but a simpler solution would be awesome.

I think so. I got netbooting working a while back but have had all my Naomi stuff in a box for a while. All the crap I did to get that working was a pain and took a while. I had a friend helping me so I don’t even know if I could get it running again without his help. Anyway a better solution would be very cool so I hope it comes to fruition.
While it is a lot of crap, it's basically a pretty simple setup with a lot of parts...
And to me, the amount of kick ass games on the system totally makes up for the setup hassle. Which is basically just a learning curve on how it all works.

I love my NAOMI.

But yes, someone could make a lot of money by selling one of these!

:D

I had a lot of trouble getting the firmware updated on the netdimm and ran into other issues. It is really cool for sure but a simpler solution would be awesome.

I think so. I got netbooting working a while back but have had all my Naomi stuff in a box for a while. All the crap I did to get that working was a pain and took a while. I had a friend helping me so I don’t even know if I could get it running again without his help. Anyway a better solution would be very cool so I hope it comes to fruition.
While it is a lot of crap, it's basically a pretty simple setup with a lot of parts...And to me, the amount of kick ass games on the system totally makes up for the setup hassle. Which is basically just a learning curve on how it all works.

I love my NAOMI.

But yes, someone could make a lot of money by selling one of these!

It seems that the firmware can be one of the hardest parts as you have to go step by step rather than jumping ahead to firmware you want. Silly system in my opinion.

I swear I was following the steps as exact as I could but it still was a pain. Eventually it worked out somehow. Maybe I’ll get motivated to get it up and running again soon. I was booting games from a laptop so it would be cool to get it booting from a pi to have a full solution.

I swear I was following the steps as exact as I could but it still was a pain. Eventually it worked out somehow. Maybe I’ll get motivated to get it up and running again soon. I was booting games from a laptop so it would be cool to get it booting from a pi to have a full solution.
Yep, that's the way I do it and it rocks. I just pull the PI from the coin door and select a game.

I would get 1 to try but, yeah, everytime I try to process anything with them my cc declines the transaction. They need to get distributors or accept paypal. But I guess they wont do paypal to avoid disputes/claims, fees, etc.. I guess I will await to see if stoneage will sell them.

Dreamcast now has a multi.

shop.terraonion.com/en/home/17…Dreamcast_Saturn_ODE.html
What do you mean NOW has? For years now we've HAD the

the Serial SD Loader
the G1-ATA
the Dream-ATA
the GDEMU
the USB GDROM
and the announcement for the DCIO

I mean I'm not going to complain about ANOTHER option being available, but if you haven't been able to "multi" your Dreamcast by now you're living under a rock.

Also, who knows, maybe the arcade gods will deliver us a replacement netdimm type cart device that eliminates all cons with the current netdimm solution.
be praying be praying be praying

Dreamcast now has a multi.

shop.terraonion.com/en/home/17…Dreamcast_Saturn_ODE.html
What do you mean NOW has? For years now we've HAD the
the Serial SD Loader
the G1-ATA
the Dream-ATA
the GDEMU
the USB GDROM
and the announcement for the DCIO

I mean I'm not going to complain about ANOTHER option being available, but if you haven't been able to "multi" your Dreamcast by now you're living under a rock.
Well, I dont have a Dreamcast so wouldn't of pursued any mods. I am now looking for one to add to add to my retro collection.

My console history is Sega Genesis - Sega CD - Sony PSOne - Xbox Original - Xbox 360 - Xbox One.

I just saw this product (Dreamcast/Saturn GDRom) on their site as I am looking into their Mega/Sega CD FPGA cartridge to use with my original SEGA Genesis and be rid of my original Sega CD which is showing its age.

Thought if Dreamcast has options for multi's couldn't same approach be made for Naomi.

I apologize for my ignorance.

40t6wj.jpg

Why I want a naomi cartridge multi

what netdimm do you have? The one with just the network port or the one with the network port and scsi and whatever the other port is.

what version is your netdimm at?

do you have a zero key installed?

what bios do you have in the naomi? What region? What version?

What memory do you have in the netdimm? Do you have 1 stick or 2? Of two do they match?

have you tried reseating the dimm boards? Locked down the dimm board to the naomi? Removed the battery from the netdimm?

maybe your zero key is bad? Maybe the multi region bios is no good. Maybe your dip switches on the naomi are not working.

what are you using to NetBoot? Raspberry pi or a pc? What did you set the ip to? Which raspberry pi? Are you using the pi hat lcd thing or the web version? Made sure you are using a crossover cable?

Using python scripts? What version of python do you have. What version of python crypto? Did you install it correctly? Windows 10 or 7? Do you have the right rom files?

I could go on. So basically fuck all of this and give me a cart that just works.

definitively interested if this will be made.

Back