What's new

Urabutbl

Student
Reaction score
Got a nice offer to buy a HotD3-cabinet, and thinking about it, but I've never owned a Chihiro before. So a few n00b-questions:

1: Can I use the NetDIMM with a Pi-force from my current Naomi-setup to change games, for example to Ghost Squad, in the HotD-cabinet, or is a special Chihiro-version of the NetDIMM needed?

2: My Naomi plays most Atomiswave Games. Will the Chihiro similarly also play Naomi games (and Atomiswave), or is it just Chihiro? This would limit it's use, though I suppose for Naomi gun-games I could just hook up the Naomi to the cab... right?

1: the zero pic is different for a chihiro . Sometimes you can use the one you have now if it’s compatible
the Dimm unit should not be a problem :)

2: no you can’t play Naomi/atomiswave on a chihiro

also chihiro type 1 with dimm won’t play all chihiro games . As you need a newer type 3 with build in dimm to play the rest

have fun

greets

1: the zero pic is different for a chihiro . Sometimes you can use the one you have now if it’s compatible

also chihiro type 1 with dimm won’t play all chihiro games . As you need a newer type 3 with build in dimm to play the rest

have fun

greets
If the Type 3 doesn't have a network card fitted then it won't play Outrun 2 SP.
I got caught out with that so had to source the network card in order to play Outrun 2 SP.

Ghost Squad worked on both my Type 1 and Non-network Type 3.

Ah, ok cool. I'm mostly thinking about it to please my wife's desire for gun-games, so as long as I can play Ghost Squad as well...

But am I correct in thinking that I can swap out the Chihiro for my Naomi in the cab in case I want to play any of the gun-games from that, like HotD2, Confidential Mission, or similar?

have fun

greets
If the Type 3 doesn't have a network card fitted then it won't play Outrun 2 SP.I got caught out with that so had to source the network card in order to play Outrun 2 SP.

Ghost Squad worked on both my Type 1 and Non-network Type 3.

Yes my bad some early chihiro 3 don’t have a network card .

@MetalliC no need to spread your own bullshit. I have a few keys here that boot fine on Naomi ,triforce and chihiro type 1 . Put them in chihiro type 3 and it throws a error 26. You don’t know if he has an early key that’s why I said sometimes it does work if you have the new type. But heey welcome to the forums . Start to look like politics in here

@AMS there is no "new type" or "early" keys.
its just some jerks selling intentionally bad/broken keys which works only on NAOMI, as well as "special Triforce/Chihiro" keys, because these people interested to sell more keys and gain more cash.
also, I'm pretty sure it was same jerks who started spreading bullshit rumors about "Chihiro/Triforce zero pics is different".
and the more you spread this incorrect information - the better you makes life for that people.
isn't it will be better to stop it ?

Last edited:
Hey I never knew that there was such a thing as a bad pic that will work on Naomi and not on chihiro type 3 . Even if you are right . You can say things in a whole diff way then you do now. @MetalliC but thanx for the schooling :)

Back