What's new

opt2not

Multi Boyz Pixeler
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Sega Lindbergh cab, which is wired for JVS. I’d like to look into getting my Jamma boards connected and saw there are a couple options out there.

So I figured I’d ask the masses on what your thoughts/experiences are with these two products:

Irken labs Jammafier:
https://irkenlabs.com/product/jammafier/

Vs.

Axun works Jamma to JVS:
https://m.axunworks.com/product-p724953.html?variant=5083325

or if there is another option out there I’m missing, please let me know.

Thanks!

I don't have either product - but I would say Irken labs is probably the more time tested product and you'll actually receive it timely. A lot of the AXUN works products have been known to take over a year to ship out. Some folks have been waiting even longer than a year. Based on that alone, I would go with the Irken labs one.

Jammafier works great from my experience, but I didn't do anything too complicated with it, e.g. no analog controls, no shooting games, etc.

In an HD cab like that, you're going to also need a scaler like Retrotink5x or OSSC, unless the display can handle 15k. Even if it can, you'd probably be better off with a purpose built scaler rather than the built-in scaling of the monitor.

主图9.jpg
Maybe you can try this.

You can pair the JAMMAfier with the Retro Scaler (also from Irken Labs) for a plug and play solution. It's a line doubler, so should be lag-free.

Thanks all for the feedback and insights. Right now I’m leaning towards the Irken one since I don’t have a year to wait before receiving what I purchase.
Even though the price is greater, I prefer buying something and getting it within a reasonable timeframe.

主图9.jpg
Maybe you can try this.
Got a link to this?
Wondering what the cost is…

Thanks all for the feedback and insights. Right now I’m leaning towards the Irken one since I don’t have a year to wait before receiving what I purchase.
Even though the price is greater, I prefer buying something and getting it within a reasonable timeframe.

Got a link to this?
Wondering what the cost is…
I've got two Jammafiers I need to sell, as well as a couple Retroscalers, I've just been procrastinating listing more things. I could probably see my way to cutting you a deal if you're interested.

Axun works Jamma to JVS seems dont have picture picture cleaner like tri sync helper.

I've got two Jammafiers I need to sell, as well as a couple Retroscalers, I've just been procrastinating listing more things. I could probably see my way to cutting you a deal if you're interested.
still have a jammafier for sale?

I’m using a Jammafier 1.5 with a XRGB-3 I picked up from a good friend. Keep in mind, a standard VGA cable will plug into both ends of hardware, but won’t be attenuated and will need pull down resistors for this. This won’t be needed for my Mistercade, but for my PCBs, I’ll need to find/make a suitable cable.

I’m using a Jammafier 1.5 with a XRGB-3 I picked up from a good friend. Keep in mind, a standard VGA cable will plug into both ends of hardware, but won’t be attenuated and will need pull down resistors for this. This won’t be needed for my Mistercade, but for my PCBs, I’ll need to find/make a suitable cable.
The new 2.0 Jammafier handles video attenuation now. Basically it has the tri-sync helper built in.
https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/video/

I've been using the irkenlabs jammafier for years upon years as heart of my blast build. They never fail always work.

I know this is an old thread, but to anyone else who finds this -- I love my irken jammafier. I use one almost daily and it has never let me down.

Back