What's new
Anyone here using Quans link cable successful linking two Blasts via Naomi? I can sync at 15khz on some boards, but can't sync on straight 31khz for a Naomi Net dimm h2h set up on Blasts.
Works fine on 15khz in Astros, just can't get it to sync on cab#2 screen gets no picture at all.

I tried it once with a friends naomi, it worked both 15khz and 31khz

did you try some jumper thing there is that is on the naomi?

i believe i remember him telling me i had to switch a jumper or something for 31 and 15

Anyone here using Quans link cable successful linking two Blasts via Naomi? I can sync at 15khz on some boards, but can't sync on straight 31khz for a Naomi Net dimm h2h set up on Blasts.
Works fine on 15khz in Astros, just can't get it to sync on cab#2 screen gets no picture at all.
Ok, it was a total user error. Quan link cables can DEFINITELY use 31khz through the jamma edge with ms2930, and ms2931s in any combo slave/master 👌
But,
Ms2934 (vga only) cannot do 31khz through jamma edge with a ms2930 or ms2931 as master or slave.
I'm in the process of grabbing 2 ms2934s and will try to use a vga splitter in tandem with the Quan vs kit, stay tuned as I'll document my findings to help anyone going this route.
Worst case I have two nice ms2934's as spares, and a nice VGA splitter for other applications 😁

I tried it once with a friends naomi, it worked both 15khz and 31khz

did you try some jumper thing there is that is on the naomi?

i believe i remember him telling me i had to switch a jumper or something for 31 and 15
Dip.1 on Naomi1 forces 15khz. All switches off DEFAULT forces 31khz. I have tried both ways. See my post above
It's a chassis sync compatibility issue at this point until my vga splitter and chassis arrive.

I'm not sure there's a high impedance video input on the 2934. I don't see any reason why there would be one? If you're using the jamma edge high impedance video is what you're likely piping through it.

VGA splitter will work just fine.

I'm not sure there's a high impedance video input on the 2934. I don't see any reason why there would be one? If you're using the jamma edge high impedance video is what you're likely piping through it.

VGA splitter will work just fine.
Perfect. We were like 99% sure it'll work with the splitter but there's always that 1% chance that I can't ignore 😅
Thanks for your input Nem!

Back