What's new
Looks like Mikado had a 100Yen stickerLink to Tweet
FGpnrjBUUAE3kqb?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

The one for sale isnt exact ( i bought one & cant fault it ) , except it doesnt have the yellow fade that the original one has ...

The one for sale isnt exact ( i bought one & cant fault it ) , except it doesnt have the yellow fade that the original one has ...
Had a closer look and there is no fade. Just a solid yellow outline.

i bought arcade artshop one ages ago , it looks fantastic , good quality etc ..... but as per my own eyes & pictured on the first page the AAS version is missing the yellow fade ...... but still looks good in a cab just not "exact" ....

Apologies yet again, guys. I have a bad habit of getting projects 90% done and then finding myself too busy to just finish it off (hopefully I'm not the only one who suffers from this affliction). I have time this weekend and will move this forward so that I can share all of the reproduction designs I have been working on.

As for accuracy...that's certainly the primary goal and the reason reproductions like the nice one available at Arcade Artshop just are not quite accurate enough for me.

Regarding the yellow gradient fade on the Hey strip, it's actually a bit of a moving target as Hey's own version varies in color intensity and location of full dropoff to white. Take a look next time you're lucky enough to go. My repro design attempts to recreate the most common version.

I'll update again in a few days.

This is such a cool and project !
Thanks for your work on referencing, compiling and preserving these logos
Can't wait to see the result !

Thanks, all. After much delay, I'm finally dialing each of these in. Looking forward to finally sharing soon. Sending to print them all again and evaluate colors before finalizing. Here's a preview of the Try Amusement Tower strip, which has definitely put my very-modest Photoshop skills to work:

TRY1.JPG

TRY2.JPG

TRY3.JPG

TRY4.JPG

Here's a photo of the original, which Try actually resized and installed in some of their Vewlix cabs as well. @twistedsymphony had one on one his Vewlix cabs (can't find that post at the moment, however).

Accurately tracing low-quality scans to create 600ppi assets has been a challenge, but the result should be nearly identical to the original.

i-img1200x900-16432581636apk5z1312.jpg

Mikado had a 100Yen sticker/amusement tower instruction +1 looks great take my monies !

If this endeavor is dead ? Im sure people would be quite happy with any kind of illustrator drawings finished or not, to help complete this and make everyone's cab's super happy :)

Anyways , would love an update or many aswell probably have the same sentiment, "Happy to help" ..

Back