What's new
Want To Buy

64MK

Professional
Reaction score
So I avoid Amazon because their drivers are AWFUL in my area and the eBay user I bought them from was just some sort of Amazon dropseller and I'm now struggling to get my $25 back. :(

Can anyone recommend a place to get these in America? Worried I'm going to be stuck waiting on a screwdriver now.

Yikes. A little expensive.
My advice? Don't buy screwdriver sets, buy bits. Personally I save my wrists and do like 90% of my screwdriver work electrically, but get a nice handle if you like doing it by hand and buy quality bits to put in it. No reason to spend cash on a bunch of nice handles if you're balking at the price.

Too late, I went ahead and bought the expensive set with the $25 return eBay owes me (incredibly thanks to all offers!!!!)

Honestly my biggest worry getting into this was being left to figure this crap out alone! :)

With this, my m3/m3 set a few other bits I feel confident to replace my monitor, buttons and encoder!

My advice? Don't buy screwdriver sets, buy bits. Personally I save my wrists and do like 90% of my screwdriver work electrically, but get a nice handle if you like doing it by hand and buy quality bits to put in it. No reason to spend cash on a bunch of nice handles if you're balking at the price.
This is really good general advice both from a financial and time standpoint.

Fun fact, Vessel no longer makes drivers to the JIS standard since everything modern has moved to ISO (which plays decently well with JIS). Certain Sunflag models like the 888 are still made to the JIS standard.

(you will note that vessel themselves don't mention their drivers being JIS, it's only opportunistic sellers)

Last edited:
I use a set of vessel megadora P1 P2 and P3 (the ones with "jawsfit") just about every single day of the week in my warehouse and at home on this import stuff. I bought these several years ago they are total work horses and have served me well. Highly recommend.

Also iirc based on my research when I was shopping for "JIS" screw drivers. The industry standard iirc is not really JIS anymore in Japan its morphed into some ISO standard. You will see alot of sellers saying their bits or drivers are JIS compatible but it may not be true.
The Megadora is also not a JIS screw driver set which is why the OEM doesnt claim it to be but the bite on the end makes it fairly compatible with a wide range of Phillips style heads because they dont cam out easily which that alone is really useful for getting good grip on stubborn screws.

There's an entire rabbit hole about fastener head types and standards I didnt even care to know about but went down a bit.

And also a funny note to add is I remember reading that the US style Phillips head also changed over the years from the original spec too some ISO standard thing lol.

Dont quote me on all this though its been a few years since I read up on this stuff lol

Last edited:
I never used to be into using screw driver bits but ever since I started my home reno's and bought a decent impact driver and electric screwdriver i've never looked back.
I might take your advice here, go buy a decent quality 1/4 handle and clear out my screwdriver drawer which never gets opened.

And also a funny note to add is I remember reading that the US style Phillips head also changed over the years from the original spec too some ISO standard thing lol.
Yeah if you buy a Klein you're getting something very similar to a Vessel now, it's all ISO

Back