What's new
I remember someone more knowledgeable saying that the Type Xs can't boot from USB devices. You'll need to go old school and find a SATA DVD/CD drive
It appears that it can boot from USB floppies as that's how the dongles work but yeah, I just used a SATA dvd drive in place of the hard drive and unplugged the front panel header after it powered on from the motherboard so the IO wouldn't reboot the system due to timeout. Memory tested fine so going to have to dig deeper.
Try a new video card, its the most common point of failure on the X2's. Its also cheap, just pick up a nice used Nvidia 7900GS from ebay. You shouldnt need to flash it to use it with my multi.
so you're saying I can drop-in a standard 7900GS without flashing it to the Elsa 979 with the multi?I wasn't aware of that!

Can I also drop-in a 7900GT or 7950GT? Or would those needed to be flashed to the 979?
Either of those should be fine without flashing the BIOS as long as your only planning to use my multi, if you try to boot a legit drive you will get an error.

(Probably not...)
Nope, those require too much power and end up getting throttled by the driver.

Back