What's new

Sparkoids

Student
Reaction score
Running through Ketsui on PGM in Easy mode I noticed that the ending is different to the PS4 M2 Shot Triggers game. It doesn't have that small nasty spaceship at the very end. Is that normal or a glitch in the conversion I have?

Running through Ketsui on PGM in Easy mode I noticed that the ending is different to the PS4 M2 Shot Triggers game. It doesn't have that small nasty spaceship at the very end. Is that normal or a glitch in the conversion I have?
Do you mean the True Last Boss? (Doom)

In that case it only shows up at the end of loop2 in Ketsui arcade (and shottrigger port arcade mode).

If you play one of the M2 arranges (Super Easy or Deathtiny mode), then you will also fight Doom, but those don't really have anything to do with the Arcade release. Changing difficulty on the arcade game will still not make things as easy as Super Easy arrange on the port

Do you mean the True Last Boss? (Doom)

In that case it only shows up at the end of loop2 in Ketsui arcade (and shottrigger port arcade mode).

If you play one of the M2 arranges (Super Easy or Deathtiny mode), then you will also fight Doom, but those don't really have anything to do with the Arcade release. Changing difficulty on the arcade game will still not make things as easy as Super Easy arrange on the port
Nice one. I am correct to presume you have to 1cc it to get to loop 2?

I have one of those Chinese Neo Geo MVS consoles with the supergun cable to use a PS4 fightstick on both the Neo Neo and PGM. I have a PS4 console with the M2 Ketsui disc next to it so am using the same controller and by save states at the end of level bosses I am getting better on the PGM through practising on the PS4. It really is a great setup :-}

Second Loop

Following in the footsteps of the previous releases by CAVE, completing all five levels under certain conditions will trigger a second loop of the game. There are two variations of the second loop, called the Omote loop and the Ura loop. During the second loop, the scoring system entirely changes and requires different play strategies in order to maximize your scoring potential. (See Second Loop Scoring for more information.) Reaching the Ura loop is the only way to fight Evaccaneer DOOM at the end of the game, otherwise the game will end after destroying Evaccaneer in Stage 2-5.

Omote Loop

Beat the game with no continues
Sum of deaths + bombs used is less than or equal to 6

Ura Loop

Beat the game with no continues
No-Miss and No-Bomb the first loop
Earn at least 120,000,000pts during the first loop

https://shmups.wiki/library/Ketsui:_Kizuna_Jigoku_Tachi

Back