What's new

Blio Seri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it legit?
I thought the Mega Play logo was supposed to have a silver metallic effect.
What about the typo (Sinobi)?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325293121609?hash=item4bbcfb2049:g:xsIAAOSwYSpi6x6I

1665544541941.png
Posted in the WTF sales thread.
I know Mega Play is uncommon, I'm hoping someone here knows a bit about it.

Not just the Mega Play logo, but everything on the box and cart that that looks grey is actually a metallic silver. This also includes the horizontal stripe on the spine of the box, and the warning label on the back of the cart.

I could see the silver coming out looking grey in many photos, maybe it's hard to capture the shine unless you put effort in. Of all the pictures in that listing, most look flat and grey. The spine stripe is showing a gradient though, so perhaps it is metallic after all.

So it's possibly legit. But especially given the price, totally reasonable to ask the seller for a picture in better lighting or of the PCB.

Thanks a lot. Yeah the grey areas put me off. As for asking the seller, I know too well that kind of people, the price is a dead giveaway it will not be someone easy to deal with and just wanting to put the minimum effort in the sale for maximum profit (otherwise they would have taken 5mn to google market value).

Yeah, it's legit. And while a little part of me really wanted to get this so that I could provide a clean dump (the existing one is reported by MAME as a bad dump), there's absolutely no-effing-way any sane human being would pay that for this cartridge. Divide that price by 10 and we can talk but... yeah definitely a wtf sales price. Ebay arcade sellers are just the worse. Very few exceptions.

Back