What's new

kinooshi823

Professional
Reaction score
Have a friend who is trying to run a Lindbergh Multi on an NNC Cab. But gets boot errors etc. Then, we connect the same Lindbergh into an LCD Panel with a PC power supply and it works fine. What kind of config needs to be done in order for a Lindbergh to work fine on a CRT cab? I don't know the dipswitch configs either if that what is missing but yeah, some help would be great.

Some games so not work on crt (like initial d 4 & 5) while others do (sega race tv)

Which one are you trying to run?

I don't know the dipswitch configs either if that what is missing
original lindbergh games use dipswitches to configure the resolution, but that's not the case with some of the multis, which will have different menu options to select the resolution.

But as Mrhide stated, not all lindbergh games will work with a CRT.

you might try HOTD4 as that one should be 31KHz/480P compatible.

Some games so not work on crt (like initial d 4 & 5) while others do (sega race tv)

Which one are you trying to run?
Well, my friend is trying to run all of the games naturally on the net city cab.

The multi we are using is causing a little frustration on him because he is getting hangups and then at the game select screen getting some errors too.

So I am trying to get all the info that I can that his cab may be the issue since it isn't an LCD

original lindbergh games use dipswitches to configure the resolution, but that's not the case with some of the multis, which will have different menu options to select the resolution.

But as Mrhide stated, not all lindbergh games will work with a CRT.

you might try HOTD4 as that one should be 31KHz/480P compatible.
Is there a way I can find dipswitch settings for what games would need configuring?

Is there a way I can find dipswitch settings for what games would need configuring?
The manual for each games will tell you.
It would also help to have picture of the menu of the multi so we might help. Mine actually tells you right in the menu if the game is HD or VGA

The manual for each games will tell you.
It would also help to have picture of the menu of the multi so we might help. Mine actually tells you right in the menu if the game is HD or VGA
this is how the menu looks.

Here is the weird thing.

When loaded onto the new net city cab, we can't even navigate the menus.

We also get this error string below the test, P1 Start line.

Also sometimes it would hang on the bootsplash shown here.

But works fine when hooked onto an LCD.

Would the new net city need some kind of conversion to prevent this.

I did research and Lindbergh's seemed to originally be only for LCD's as many arcades I've seen were flat panels. I assume the menu and boots having this issue is about the video of the CRT?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 33
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 37
Also want to add lindbergh has a 600 watt psu so its enough to power the machine so its more confusing as to why this is happening

does this work when NOT connected to a Net City?

it sounds like you have a number of different issues here.

When not connected to the cab, it works fine. Literally just connected it to a 700 psu I have here connected to my LCD monitor and boots fine. Was just playing VF5 on it. So the symptoms happen once its connected to the net city

Would a new net city need some kind of control panel adapter to navigate the menu's fine on the lindbergh?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174634152265?hash=item28a901b149:g:~b4AAOSwhtNeZuYg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174634155078?hash=item28a901bc46:g:JdwAAOSwVJBgJVuP

I see some variants here and I am not sure if that could be the issue? Only thing I can think of is the cab causing the issue since it was released before lindbergh.

Would a new net city need some kind of control panel adapter to navigate the menu's fine on the lindbergh?
no.

lets roll this back to the beginning...

trying to run a Lindbergh Multi on an NNC Cab. But gets boot errors etc. Then, we connect the same Lindbergh into an LCD Panel with a PC power supply and it works fine.
there are 3 things being changed here.
1. switching from a PC power supply to whatever is in the NNC
2. switching from whatever IO board you're using with the LCD panel to the Type 1 IO that a NNC uses
3. switching from an HD monitor to a 31K monitor.

so your issue is going to be one or more of those 3 things.
Some questions:
1. what type of IO board were you using when testing on the LCD panel?
2. what type of IO board do you have inside the NNC?
3. what type of PSU do you have in the NNC?
4. how are you hooking up the PSU in the NNC to the Lindbergh?

Some things to try:
1. hook up the Lindbergh in the NNC (PSU and IO) but attach the video out to an HD monitor instead of the lindbergh. If it works then you know the issue is the low resolution, if it does not work then the issue is NOT the monitor, move on to test 2
2. hook up the Lindbergh in the NNC IO only but power it from a PC PSU and attach it to an HD monitor like you did in your LCD test. If it works then you know the issue is the PSU, if it does not work then the issue is NOT the PSU and most likely the IO board.

no.

lets roll this back to the beginning...

there are 3 things being changed here.
1. switching from a PC power supply to whatever is in the NNC
2. switching from whatever IO board you're using with the LCD panel to the Type 1 IO that a NNC uses
3. switching from an HD monitor to a 31K monitor.

so your issue is going to be one or more of those 3 things.
Some questions:
1. what type of IO board were you using when testing on the LCD panel?
2. what type of IO board do you have inside the NNC?
3. what type of PSU do you have in the NNC?
4. how are you hooking up the PSU in the NNC to the Lindbergh?

Some things to try:
1. hook up the Lindbergh in the NNC (PSU and IO) but attach the video out to an HD monitor instead of the lindbergh. If it works then you know the issue is the low resolution, if it does not work then the issue is NOT the monitor, move on to test 2
2. hook up the Lindbergh in the NNC IO only but power it from a PC PSU and attach it to an HD monitor like you did in your LCD test. If it works then you know the issue is the PSU, if it does not work then the issue is NOT the PSU and most likely the IO board.
The power supply inside the NNC is a sun power supply which runs 163watts

The power supply being used to power the Lindbergh is a 600-watt ATX power supply.

For my setup that is working, I am using a vga cable connected to my vizio tv which accepts vga signal. So from the GTX 7800 straight into the TV. I am also using a 700 watt atx power supply and for navigating menus, I can use the xbox 360 controller connected to the usb port on the lindbergh to navigate menus etc. I do have 2 sega I/O boards that are jamma and one of them works fine. BUT, the issue that makes it hard is that my friend does not live in the same state as me. He sent me his lindbergh for me to look at. He has the cab in his house but I can only work with what I have here. So in my testing, it works fine no issues. So that tells me that the issues happen when its connected to his cabinet as I originally thought it was the lindbergh itself. In researching, the I/O board that could be in the cab is a 837-1551 of which I am unsure that is compatible with lindbergh and or the multi itself and can somehow cause some of the issues like the strings to come up in the menu itself or somehow cause random hangups during boot.

In seeing what you said, then a fault power supply could potentially cause some or all of this issue as well?

Also, are there alternate I/O boards that works better in the NNC that you can tell me of?

I can double-check to see if my friend can send me a picture of the model number of the I/O board there to see as he never mentioned that he changed any parts there so I assume its all stock

Want to add that before sending the lindbergh to me, he did buy another JVS board to put inside the machine as he originally thought that was faulty but the same issue arose.

So you have the same multi and the same menu as me.

When loaded onto the new net city cab, we can't even navigate the menus.

The menu works with the service and test buttons, or player 2 and player 1
lin.jpg

If these do not work for the menu, are they plugged in?! Can he run other games? go in the test mode and see these buttons working?!

So you have the same multi and the same menu as me.

The menu works with the service and test buttons, or player 2 and player 1
lin.jpg

If these do not work for the menu, are they plugged in?! Can he run other games? go in the test mode and see these buttons working?!
He says the menu.sh/ too many arguments string pops up when he presses any button so that wasn't working for him. I wish I had my own cab to replicate this. It could be an I/O issue but I need a list of other I/O boards that can be put into net city since maybe he has a board that causes this conflict. I can't think of anything else.

It could be an I/O issue but I need a list of other I/O boards that can be put into net city since maybe he has a board that causes this conflict. I can't think of anything else.
Net City and New Net City use a "Type 1" IO
Lindbergh Universal Cab and most Lindbergh games use a "Type 1.5" IO. This should be a drop in replacement in a New Net City.

But there's a good change that is not your issue. YOU NEED TO TROUBLESHOOT

you also never told me which IO was being used when testing on an LCD monitor...

Net City and New Net City use a "Type 1" IO
Lindbergh Universal Cab and most Lindbergh games use a "Type 1.5" IO. This should be a drop in replacement in a New Net City.

But there's a good change that is not your issue. YOU NEED TO TROUBLESHOOT

you also never told me which IO was being used when testing on an LCD monitor...
Wait a min something crossed my mind.

I remember explaining to him that it worked fine through VGA output and he said he didn't have a vga monitor to test. That means that video is being sent out from the lindbergh to the cab by other means. Is that possible? or is that an oversight. I never even touched a new net city so I wonder if there is a port to accept vga. For him to say that has to be some kind of clue right?

call him and ask him to send you pictures of his cabinet: the wiring, the IO, everything ;) ... post 'em here!

Back