What's new

Karnov2017

Beginner
Reaction score
G;day guys, we have a Lock-On machine which recently stop powering up. Literally no power at all. Checked the 7A fuse at the switch & that had not blown. With an issue like this my first step is usually to replace the PSU with anew one, however this machine operates on a EY05020 / 5V-20A as per the image below (ie no +5,+12, -5 inputs).

20220728_140312.jpg

Based on this i am assuming i cannot use a standard PSU and require a special 5V PSU. I think i have located on at the below. Please note also that this machine is a US import being used in Australia and is running through a Step-Down

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2246201...nfayBxWDIzSWaTXWrg6eD48x8xoOLvqYaAvTdEALw_wcB

I have a decent collection of varied new PSU's, but cant see one in our stock supply that matched. If anyone knows for sure, can we eliminate that the below PSU definitely cannot be used - nearly certain it cannot.

20220728_140659.jpg
20220728_140704.jpg

Not familiar with that game (Data East, 1986?) but 20A is heaps of current, I wonder how much it actually draws.

If you're willing to buy a Chinese SMPS (like linked) just by AU stock, price is pretty much the same but you'll get it sooner, like this
CLICK ME ebay link

I'd keep that Meanwell for something else, be wasted having all those outputs and not using them.

Not familiar with that game (Data East, 1986?) but 20A is heaps of current, I wonder how much it actually draws.

If you're willing to buy a Chinese SMPS (like linked) just by AU stock, price is pretty much the same but you'll get it sooner, like this
CLICK ME ebay link

I'd keep that Meanwell for something else, be wasted having all those outputs and not using them.

Hell yeah thanks Tiff, that is exactly what i needed - somewhere in Oz!

I will order a few new ones & wait and keep the MW one as you suggested. Massive thanks, been trying to find somewhere local that stocked these for the past hour - you just saved me a lot of time!

Yeah that was just a quick ebay search , there is probably heaps of other options on there, Amazon etc

Back