What's new
Want To Buy
I have SFA2 with battery leak. The daughter board and the rom are all undamaged. I cleaned the case, but cannot get rid of the acid damages from the inside so it look like rusted metal.
Sounds like another ROM board, again sounds like a good repair candidate ;)

I think we are sorted now for single layer thanks to @CoolFox

Sounds like another ROM board, again sounds like a good repair candidate ;)

I think we are sorted now for single layer thanks to @CoolFox

I wouldn't able to repair it as I'm a dummy when it come to things like this. I was going to throw them away due to the facts that acid damages all over the board. I just keep it because I didn't want to throw any CPS2 away. It's basically in storage and I end up getting another working SFA2 board.

Attachments

• D5AB2768-6AF0-48A8-B704-37D43C55A90E.jpeg
    D5AB2768-6AF0-48A8-B704-37D43C55A90E.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 71
  • 5D48A8C6-C350-4F93-AA14-11BC3C8A0DE7.jpeg
    5D48A8C6-C350-4F93-AA14-11BC3C8A0DE7.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 69
Yep don't throw parts away, they are not coming back!
I will take it off your hands / send a message when things are a little quieter here.
The plan here was to reverse a chip, but many know i am always up for most repair junk ;)

Yep don't throw parts away, they are not coming back!
I will take it off your hands / send a message when things are a little quieter here.
The plan here was to reverse a chip, but many know i am always up for most repair junk ;)

Not a problem. That will be so cool being able to save a board like this. Kudos to you my friend. Another CPS2 save from damn suicide battery acid leak crap.

That will never work again, but there's a small chance the 1927 has survived and can bring another dead one back :)

Back