What's new

war3zlod3r

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been talking to KC about picking one up the Chewlix's seem to be in better shape and are setup for JAMMA, the Vewlix's are setup for JVS but he has a riverserver JVS to Jamma kit to sell me as well. I'm going to have to convert to Vewlix C to 2J16B as its currently 1J8B. I've owned several older candies, Astro, Blast, Impress... but I'm new to the Vewlix/Chewlix club, would love to know what the community would recommend, I'm mainly planning to use it for my Naomi but would like to be able to play my CPS2/3 games on it as well. Please tell me what I should look out for or what you guys recommend?

I'm a very new vewlix owner myself, got a good deal on the L model.

I would recommend to get a real vewlix if you can, as the quality of chewlix machines built today seems to be spiraling down. To the point where they don't even look the same, and the monitor cannot be rotated.

Chewlix is usually wired for chamma, which you don't want to run your jamma boards on so you'd need to replace that regardless.

JVS is nice to have for many reasons, an x3 multi, a easy way to connect your computer to the can with the help of an jvs pac or whatever @invzim has named his product :)

And you'll know that mods etc made for vewlix will work, which you cannot be sure about for chewlix. For example universal monitor mount.

Also just saw that you want to play naomi, and that is jvs.

Yea so I assume the JVS IO board in the Vewlix is compatible with my NAOMI? Does the monitor on the Vewlix do 15khz I seem to be getting some mixed into on that, I'm told the C and Diamond Blue's will but alot of people still use a scaler anyway?

I am not sure about 15khz, I doubt it. But Naomi does 31khz right? Like 480p

You have to ask him for it.

I feel like you want something like a new net city for what you are set out to do, but this recent video has some info that might be pertanent to your goals.

View: https://youtu.be/nfHdVi7TZOU
The AMI version is so nice. Mine is a regular L but came with a control panel from AMI for some reason.

What screen did you upgrade too again? And I believe I've commented on your thread in reddit. You promised an inside view ;)

Yea I'm interested in screen upgrades, I'm told some of the models work with 15khz, for running older games via the jamma/JVS converter @Arthrimus has a video of him talking about using 15khz on his Vewlix Diamond Blue but said it looks bad with out the scaler. I mostly plan to use naomi but might wanna boot a CPS2 game sometimes.

Yea I'm interested in screen upgrades, I'm told some of the models work with 15khz, for running older games via the jamma/JVS converter @Arthrimus has a video of him talking about using 15khz on his Vewlix Diamond Blue but said it looks bad with out the scaler. I mostly plan to use naomi but might wanna boot a CPS2 game sometimes.
Honestly if these two are your goal, a new net city with a nice toshiba tube is going to be a lot better

If you’re dead set on the vewlix look you’ll need a screen upgrade, a scaler, and an io to have anything good looking enough for the amount of money you are about to drop.

The more I get into vewlixes the more content I am with only playing games of the era that they were designed for.

Arithmus is also on hiatus and most of his items out of stock

If you’re dead set on the vewlix look you’ll need a screen upgrade, a scaler, and an io to have anything worth the amount of money you are about to drop.

The more I get into vewlixes the more content I am with only playing games of the era that they were designed for.

Arithmus is also on hiatus and most of his items out of stock
Yea I've got a GBSControl modded GBS-8200 for scaler, I know its not the best but will work until I can get an OSSC Pro, hopefully I won't have to get the IO separately as that would be a deal breaker for me. I think I've been sold on getting a real vewlix over a chewlix and I'm ok with the 720P monitor for now, may look into replacing it in the future or even getting one of these LCD's for it since they work at 15/31khz.

https://www.arcooda.com/accessories/arcade-monitors/32-boe-lcd-arcade-monitor/

So looks like he's right KC said no IO Board comes in it
@Lswanson1049 Do you have an IO board you recommend for naomi on the vewlix?

So looks like he's right KC said no IO Board comes in it
@Lswanson1049 Do you have an IO board you recommend for naomi on the vewlix?
There's no recommended io board, you just need everything that comes with the cab originally for jvs to still be there.

There's no recommended io board, you just need everything that comes with the cab originally for jvs to still be there.
Yea I know that, I’ve just been told by some people the Taito IO can have some issues with Naomi games, looks like it for some reason on some revisions not report the right amount of buttons but from what I read they do actually work and the games have had the checks it fails patched out so I think I’m ok. eBay has them for $4-500 bucks though which seems insane unless they just have some amazing features I’m missing. Another guy offered me a Sega IO with cab for an extra $50 which seems reasonable, but I’ve been looking at the MultiJVS which honestly seems like the best option.

Back