What's new

Malenko

Professional
Reaction score
This is my "Multi CPS1" cab to be. Its been running Magic Sword fine for like 2 years.
All the sudden, this:
1627730749151.png

If I move the board over to my CPS2 cab, the game works fine:
1627730782896.png

If I put another game in the CPS1 cab, I can get a picture
1627730833353.png

Totally lost. Any ideas?

Tried cleaning the JAMMA edge connector on the PCB?

Cleaned the JAMMA edge on the board, and used canned air and alcohol on the JAMMA loom connector, but I still cant get the game to sync on the CPS1 cab. Tried the board in my other machines as well and theres no issue getting Magic Sword to show up, and all the other JAMMA boards I have show up fine on the CPS1 cab.

Looks like a sync issue. Did you try the V-Hold or H-Hold on your monitor if you have those controls?

Reactions: nem
re-flowed the vsync pot, no change. held the vsync pot and *SLOWWWWWWWWLY* turned it from one side to the other and I can get every game to sync except Magic Sword.
Maybe I'll just try to source a new adjustment board and keep my fingers crossed.

That's the wrong pot. You need to adjust H.SYNC. If it was a vertical sync issue the image would be rolling vertically.

I guess thats on the back of the chassis, I'll try to get to that by this weekend. Stupid baby takes up all my free time :p

Try in another machine, the C board can die and stop giving the sync signal.

EDIT: whoops, brain fog! Seen you tried that! however it's good info to know.

so twisted the H hold pot on the back of the chassis, got the screen less fucked.
Now I cant get the image to lock vertically, when I get close the screen goes black. good times.

I think there's a 50/60H pot I need to tweak. I still dont understand how this game works on every other monitor, and every other PCB I have works on this monitor. Maybe I'll just swap the NeoGeo and CPS1 monitors around.

Back