What's new
Mark your items as sold

quadratic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shipping is from New Zealand.
Payment is in euros, Paypal gift (or add 4% to cover the fees).

I need to obtain shipping quotes for the following items, I'll update the thread when I have them, in the mean time feel free to contact me for an estimate.

• MEGA-CD 2 (jap) + all-in-one PSU + region free bios + spare lens + 2 games -> 150 euros + shipping
Fully working, includes the metal plate and the extension bit for the Megadrive 1.
Currently using the original bios, a region free bios is provided but not installed.
A spare 3rd party lens is provided (new).
The 110/220V all-in-one power supply was bought from retrogamesupply and powers both the Mega-CD 2 and a Megadrive 2 (not compatible with the MD1)

MegaCD 2_01.jpg

More pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lVkYmVjV2JIK69hnAOEa5xQxOb4RNQc4?usp=sharing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• MEGA-CD (jap) + all-in-one PSU + region free bios + 1 game -> 150 euros + shipping ==> SOLD
Fully working.
Currently using the original bios, a region free bios is provided but not installed.
The 110/220V all-in-one power supply was bought from retrogamesupply and powers both the Mega-CD and a Megadrive 1 (not compatible with the MD2)
MegaCD_01.jpg
  • PC Engine Interface Unit (RGB modded) + CD-Rom drive + PSU + RGB scart cable + Super System Card + Tennokoe Bank -> 150 euros + shipping ==> SOLD
Fully working, RGB modded.
The Super System card is loose but the Tennokoe Bank is CIB.
The 110/220V power supply was bought from retrogamesupply.
Interface Unit_01.jpgInterface Unit_02.jpg

• PC Engine Super CD-Rom (RGB modded) + all-in-one PSU + RGB scart cables + spare lens + power link cables -> 150 euros + shipping ==> SOLD
Fully working, revised and RGB modded by Voultar.
A spare 3rd party lens is provided (new).
There are 2 RGB cables: one "euro-scart" and one "jp21".
The 110/220V all-in-one power supply was bought from retrogamesupply and powers both the Super-CD and a PC Engine/Coregrafx/Coregrafx II.
Alternatively you can just power the Super CD and use one of the power link cables (there's the official one to connect to a PCE/Core/Core II, a 3rd party one that does the same, and a 3rd party one to connect to a Supergrafx).
Note that when using a Supergrafx with the Super CD you'll have to use the power link cable mentioned above as you can't connect the all-in-one PSU to the Supergrafx.
There's a couple of scratches on the CD-lid, refer to pictures.
Super CD-Rom_01.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I knew more about PC Engine. Is the interface unit essentially an add-on for the cartridge based console?

That's exactly that. Well technically the Interface Unit is just the plastic bit that connects the CD Drive and the console together, and at first the unit and the drive were even sold separately (for tax reasons), which was pretty confusing for the consumers. But after tax regulations changed they started selling both together.

It was the first CD-rom drive for a gaming console ever released, and as opposed to the Mega-CD it was successful and lots of great games have been released for it.

You just plug whatever revision of the PC Engine you have into it and insert a so-called System Card into the console (acts as a CD bios + added RAM) and you're good to play the awesome PC Engine CD library.

If using a regular System Card (1.0, 2.0, 2.1) you can only play the "regular" CD-Rom games (the early CD games), but using the Super System Card (3.0, as included in my sale) you also have access to the later (and technically better) "Super CD-Rom" games, of which there are way more (including gems like Castlevania Rondo of Blood, Winds of Thunder, Tengai Makyou II, Star Parodia, etc etc).

And if you really want the best (at least technically), you can use an Arcade Card Pro instead of (Super) System Card and you'll be able to play the few Arcade CD-Rom that were released late into the life of the PC Engine. They're very impressive for their time.
I'm selling one here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/fs-nec-arcade-card-pro.16556/

NEC Interface Unit, NEC Super CD-Rom and Mega-CD 1 are now sold!

Only the Mega-CD 2 is left.

Back