What's new

Cereth

Enlightened
Reaction score
As subject says, I have a larger PCB that breaks free in my candies in transit. I could just not mount it, but I’m looking for something that is more secure and requires no work on our long setup/teardown/transit between shows. Is there somewhere I could get say some metal PCB feet to mount this PCB with?

Metal PCB feet are more likely to break the corners of the PCB off in transit instead.

Depending on the layout of the board maybe you can use one of those resizable PCB holders in addition to the plastic feet to help keep it in place?

Like these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/400198868479

i was going to suggest using a wooden dowel? not sure if that will suit your purposes? but basically just use one that's an appropriate thickness for the load it would take. I think a 1/2" diameter would be very difficult to break in transit. use a drill press or something to drill out a center hole. use a saw with a jig to cut equal height posts. probably also 1/2" would be good.

Got it, didn't know about resizable PCB holders! Will take everything in consideration. Plastic feet just won't work, they are breaking from the weight. I don't know if its just the specific plastic feet I bought, but I'd just like this to be future-proof. I'll look into everything suggested :)

Back