What's new
I was feeling too lazy to dig out my MK1 board, so I went with one for NBA Jam for now. :)

Since MKII is a T-Unit, will the T-Unit model kit work with it? The listing doesn't say explicitly, but I assume so?

Since MKII is a T-Unit, will the T-Unit model kit work with it? The listing doesn't say explicitly, but I assume so?
no.

MK2 uses a unique sound board that mounts to the main PCB in a completely different way, so it needs it's own kit.

There is a separate listing for MK2; and that's why I don't list a "T-Unit" kit at all but rather an NBA Jam/MK1(T-Unit) kit.

The first few shipments should be arriving in people's hands soon if they haven't already. Post pictures of your results if you can. I'm always interested to see how new designs turn out once they're in people's hands. :D

The first few shipments should be arriving in people's hands soon if they haven't already. Post pictures of your results if you can. I'm always interested to see how new designs turn out once they're in people's hands. :D
Pushing 65hrs this week, its on my list for Saturday along with a pile of pcbs to fix lol. If anything I will do the MK1 T-Unit 1st and take pics.

Just checked my MK2 and I need a kit for the extra Rom board :(

Or I coudl consider converting it...

Sent you a PM. Not sure if you received it.
I just got it and replied ;)
Just checked my MK2 and I need a kit for the extra Rom board

Or I coudl consider converting it...
I highly recommend converting it. the expansion board makes the whole stack very ugly no matter what you do.

I can check, which chips do you need?
Hey if you need to do one set of PAL/ROMs for @PascalP ... Could you do an extra set for me (Paypal gift)?
I always thought the conversion was a waste of time/resources, but it really does look so much cleaner with that expansion board removed.

I don't really NEED to do it with my plexi case, but @twistedsymphony convinced me it's the way to go. :D

what's the cost of the conversion ? might be interested even if not needed

I’ll look into it with the guide you posted, don’t have an Eprom burner myself but perhaps the one that @Sp33dFr34k has supports the correct roms ;)
I can check, which chips do you need?
Here is the instruction;https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=336539
Bummer, I can do the roms, but not the PAL. Was already on the lookout for a better programmer, so I might get back to you on this.

Here is my MK1 T-Unit consolidated. I went a different route with my power cable as I dont want to shorten it. Excess is zip tied and along the space on the bottom between both boards. Also used a short ribbon I had laying around from repairs, will tuck it later or just use a regular cable via Twisted's method. Kit went together very smoothly!

MK1 T-Unit consolidated.jpg

I printed the NBA Jam kit today. All seem well, but the hole on my volume pot spacer does not line up. A bad print? I'm using a printer at my local library.

Back